• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Digimon Adventure tri. Film Sells 110,000 Tickets for 180 Million Yen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
Congrats to tri. Keep on selling.
Batknight94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:53 am Reply with quote
Is this considered to be good? I don't exactly keep track of Japanese box office sales of anime films so I have no idea.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
Kyle Brown wrote:
Is this considered to be good? I don't exactly keep track of Japanese box office sales of anime films so I have no idea.

It is amazingly good, because this movie only had 10 screens. So basically 11,000 tickets per screen, in 2 weeks.
Expelled from Paradise was a huge success, had 13 screens, and only achieved 107.7 Million Yens in 15 days.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
Just shows how darn popular Digimon is. People constantly heading into the small number of theaters with this.

It's a comfort should make sure there is no hesitation to continue doing a good job with this. No need to cut corners here.
Batknight94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
Kyle Brown wrote:

It is amazingly good, because this movie only had 10 screens. So basically 11,000 tickets per screen, in 2 weeks.
Expelled from Paradise was a huge success, had 13 screens, and only achieved 107.7 Million Yens in 15 days.

Thanks, glad to hear it's doing well then.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's pretty damn good. I never imagined there was so many lovers of Digimon. I've barely watched the series way back when it first started on Fox Kids.

Okay, Discotek listen up. You see this? It's time to get buyers to throw money at the screen for releases of the Digimon franchise.
kamui85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
this is confusing, is the 4 episode crunchyroll streamed and the "film" being shown in japan the same thing?
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
kamui85 wrote:
this is confusing, is the 4 episode crunchyroll streamed and the "film" being shown in japan the same thing?

Crunchyroll divided the movie into 4 parts! Crunchy will do the same for the next movie it seems.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Okay, Discotek listen up. You see this? It's time to get buyers to throw money at the screen for releases of the Digimon franchise.

Cinedigm still has the DVD license to all of the Digimon shows that Saban currently has with season 2 of the Fusion dub supposedly coming out in March.

Last edited by NJ_ on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Judging by everyone's responses, it seems that people really do enjoyed the first film and is definitely a pretty good success at the Japanese box office! That just proves that Digimon still has a loyal audience out there and why not just give the fans what they want?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Cinedigm still has the DVD license to all of the Digimon shows that Saban currently has with season 2 of the Fusion dub supposedly coming out in March.

Oh, well in that case, carry on.

I'm familiar with Cinedigm, they've released quite a bit of films, especially animated films from various animation festivals. I saw that New Video Group (which publishes titles for Gkids) released the 4 seasons awhile back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1