• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Twin Star Exorcists Anime Casts Natsuki Hanae, Megumi Han

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
Eh, the design looks average imo. I'm guessing this show is going to come out for Spring. Really hoping they put effort into the animation quality when a PV comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, not liking the images they've released at all. Both characters look pretty different compared to the key visual they released earlier.

Hope that when we get a PV, it looks good. I'll check out the anime either way, as I've been loving the manga.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Yuuto's a bluehead, huh?

Also I like the VA choices, so here's to hoping the animation does them - and the manga - justice.
myskaros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Yeah, not liking the images they've released at all. Both characters look pretty different compared to the key visual they released earlier.

Conversely, this is what's giving me hope, because the key visual does not look like the manga at all whereas the character designs do.

Not sure how I feel about Hanae Natsuki, Rokuro is a young hot-blood, a role I can't really imagine Natsuki doing, and his voice seems too old for young Rokuro anyway. I would've preferred him and Murase Ayumu to switch roles.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Not sure how I feel about Hanae Natsuki, Rokuro is a young hot-blood, a role I can't really imagine Natsuki doing, and his voice seems too old for young Rokuro anyway. I would've preferred him and Murase Ayumu to switch roles.

He's fairly energetic as Qwenthur from Heavy Object and Asahi from Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, so I think he can pull it off.
myskaros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
myskaros wrote:

He's fairly energetic as Qwenthur from Heavy Object and Asahi from Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, so I think he can pull it off.

I definitely thought about both of those roles, but they're more gag characters, whereas Ayumu as Hinata in Haikyuu is just a more similar character to Rokuro that I think it would naturally fit. I mean, I definitely welcome both voice actors in their roles to show they can do it, it's just that in my head I can see them reverse-cast more naturally.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Conversely, this is what's giving me hope, because the key visual does not look like the manga at all whereas the character designs do.

The character designs look more like the manga than the key visual, yes...but they're not exactly the same.

Well, at least not for Benio. She looks slimmer than she does in the manga, and her face also looks slightly different to the manga also. Almost as if they've shorted the length of her head.

Either way, I don't see faithfulness to the manga designs as a plus or a negative if they aren't "close enough". I just find it strange that both images for the anime have the characters looking pretty different.

Though, that may also be down to the point of perspective for the key visual.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
manga's good, looking forward to it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1