• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Reveals More Cast, April Premiere Date

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
3 series by Bones for Spring next year. Wow.

Another PV might be out in a few days. This looks nice though, really neat hero designs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
Ahhhh I'm so excited by everything here!! Especially Iida's VA; very good fit! I'll need to look up Ochako's VA too.

So much merch too! Can't wait! An April premiere sounds good to me. I just wonder how many chapters it will cover. Hopefully up to the Stain arc. That'd be a great end point.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
3 series by Bones for Spring next year. Wow.

Makes me fear for filler ending and/or rushed production quality.
----------------------

I honestly expected them to get Jun Fukuyama for Iida. I'm pleasantly surprised by this.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
Ahhhh I'm so excited by everything here!! Especially Iida's VA; very good fit! I'll need to look up Ochako's VA too.

So much merch too! Can't wait! An April premiere sounds good to me. I just wonder how many chapters it will cover. Hopefully up to the Stain arc. That'd be a great end point.

The Stain Arc seems like a logical point to end it.

I think by the time this airs, the manga would be at 80-90 chapters. Going by the three-chapters-per-episode method without filler, that would give us around 30+ episodes.
xMemorie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Nakurawari wrote:

The Stain Arc seems like a logical point to end it.

I think by the time this airs, the manga would be at 80-90 chapters. Going by the three-chapters-per-episode method without filler, that would give us around 30+ episodes.

Nah, I'd guess, Bones are gonna take the same route, they took with Noragami and make it a 2 core with 12 episodes in each core.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Nah, I'd guess, Bones are gonna take the same route, they took with Noragami and make it a 2 core with 12 episodes in each core.

Noragami wasn't a planned two-cour, the first season had an anime original ending and the second one came after more than a year.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe the My hero academia and One punch man crossover is actually happening. Laughing

I still have no idea how this will be handled in terms of episode count and adaptation wise, but we haven't gotten any news of any anime original characters yet like with BBB so maybe that's a sign of some sort... if it weren't for the fact that Noragami revealed their anime only plans later in the first season so...yeah, guess that's a moot point.

Like most here I think ending it at the stain arc would be the best choice and it'd be done the best in a 2 cour run, where as if we had a 12 cour the introduction arc and Villan raid arcs could be covered fine enough but the sports festival arc, while not insanely long, is too big to be the third arc of a single cour show. It really is a wait and see situation.

Also, Yikes! I did not realize Bones would have 3 shows in one season like that. I knew they would have a bunch of projects but I hope they don't go all A-1 pictures on us.

Last edited by Thatguy3331 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Ana-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
3 BONES shows during spring? Yeah not exactly happy about that... I just hope Boku no Hero Academia does not suffer from this.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Remember: there's also a chance that Bones are doing Ace Attorney anime, which also will air in spring.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Genos is Iida?

That... actually really works.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I echo everyone's concern about three BONES series for one season. I'm worried about the animation quality and pacing. I'm very excited for all three of those series (Spring in general is looking extremely strong), and I hope against all hopes that neither suffers production cuts and that all will have the quality I've come to expect from the studio. They had two big hits this year, so maybe it's not impossible that they'll pull it off
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:10 am Reply with quote
For those worried about BONES stretching themselves thin, it's worth noting that their last couple years of production have handled heavy, constant workloads well by divvying up projects between their 4 sub-studios. So it's more than likely that MHA, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Concrete Revolutio are being handled by separate work forces altogether.
Keyl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why people are worrying about Bones spreading thin with 3 shows in April when they did it in 2014 as well without any problems.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Keyl wrote:
I don't see why people are worrying about Bones spreading thin with 3 shows in April when they did it in 2014 as well without any problems.

But weren't 2 out of those 3 shows kind of terrible? I didn't watch Captain Earth further than episode 5 I think because it bored me, but most people seem to agree that it was pretty bad. And I haven't heard many positive opinions on Soul Eater Not. I only watched the first half of Chaika, and while it was nice, it wasn't particularly memorable. Not sure if any of them had particular animation stand outs either
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
^ If anything, I've seen some pretty bad animation webms of Soul Eater Not, and Chaika was average to bad in regards to that as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2