• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 5pb.'s Chaos;Child Science-Adventure Game Gets PC Port

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
This was a surprise for sure, 5pb hasn't done a PC port since they cut ties with Nitro+ after Steins;Gate.

Guess the overall sales weren't that great if they're porting to PC already. I take it they noticed that at least in the west the PC ver of S;G has sold a lot and they might want to try and get that market somehow.

At the very least good news for people who want a fan translation. I know Steiner said he is interested in trying to work on it unofficial or official wise.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
You're probably right, I mean, it debuted a year ago on the XBox One, which barely moves any hardware. Other consoles followed this summer. Launching to that console must've hurt.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
Oh, I didn't now this one was getting an anime. So far, with the ; series, I've loved Steins;Gate, enjoyed Robotics;Notes, and hated Chaos;HEad (mostly due to the protag). I'll definitely check out the eventual Chaos;Child anime...just hope it's a lot better than Chaos;HEad. Laughing
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
It might be worth noting the song in the clip - "Singularity" by Kanako Ito, the Chaos;Child OP.

A full version of the song with English subtitles is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iodnq3gEVCg
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
It helps that the architecture of the newest gen consoles, ie PS4 and XBox One, makes porting to PC relatively easy.
Selipse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Great! If they decide to localize it, I'll buy it instantly.

I'm in the middle of reading Chaos;Head right now, and so far it's pretty good! Not as good as Steins;Gate, but certainly better than Robotics;Notes. Not that R;N was bad, but it's the least interesting of the series.

On the other hand, apparently Chaos;Child is the best (or at least it was before S;G0) so I'm really excited! I just hope they won't mess up the adaptation. C;H's adaptation makes me worry, but the long time it's been in production kinda gives me hope that they're putting in the effort and it could be good. At least, I hope it's not because of opposite reasons.

Speaking of which, I wonder when this and S;G0's anime will air. I don't want to think S;G0 will air until 2017, so maybe they'll end up in the same season? (C;C starting one season earlier, S;G0 ending one season later, maybe)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1