• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Idolm@ster PS4 Game's Title, Screenshot Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Man, they really stepped up in their graphics department. Welp, better put aside some money for DLC.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I like the new training camp and the Live for You rhythm performance system, but why NB, why didn't you expand your roster. I would've loved to have Million Live and Cinderella Girls idols in. Hopefully, they can be available as DLC and none of that rivals only crap.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I like the new training camp and the Live for You rhythm performance system, but why NB, why didn't you expand your roster. I would've loved to have Million Live and Cinderella Girls idols in. Hopefully, they can be available as DLC and none of that rivals only crap.

If the game is released like much of the other console releases, this will get its release and within about a year the follow up game using the same engine and less story focused version will come out, the benefit of the latter is they can potentially put more characters in.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Come on Bandai Namco, you bring so many game titles to English recently why not IdolM@ster too?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Come on Bandai Namco, you bring so many game titles to English recently why not IdolM@ster too?

It's the localization nightmare of the 21st century, give up, the console games aren't coming here ever. At least it's not back on the Xbox where it would sell abysmally in this day in age.
Silver4000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

Agreed, don't even care if it would be digital only.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:
It's the localization nightmare of the 21st century, give up, the console games aren't coming here ever. At least it's not back on the Xbox where it would sell abysmally in this day in age.
Love Live made it here and is doing pretty well, one can keep praying.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Bringing it to the west is the dream and will only be a dream. Idolm@ster is a localization nightmare (with translation as well as licensing songs) and to be honest, would barely sell in the US. And IM@S sells through DLC and if they don't move, then what's the point? Also, the only exposure US has to IM@S is the mobile music game and I doubt those sold at all. I see everyone playing the Love Live! games more than that (I've yet to see one). And yes, Love Live! is free, which makes it even easier to market.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but that's just thinking from a realistic point. [/i]
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

Freakmasta wrote:
Bringing it to the west is the dream and will only be a dream. Idolm@ster is a localization nightmare (with translation as well as licensing songs) and to be honest, would barely sell in the US. And IM@S sells through DLC and if they don't move, then what's the point? Also, the only exposure US has to IM@S is the mobile music game and I doubt those sold at all. I see everyone playing the Love Live! games more than that (I've yet to see one). And yes, Love Live! is free, which makes it even easier to market.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but that's just thinking from a realistic point.

Not asking for localization in the West but I wish it get English treatment like other BandaiNamco's games, PSVita Gundam Extreme VS Force gets English release but it is for Asia region(initially, as they later also confirmed West localization). If the licensing is an issue, IdolM@ster can get English too but wont heading to West region. I can deal with this.

Last edited by Hikarunu on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Love Live made it here and is doing pretty well, one can keep praying.

the Love Live IOS game is more along the lines of Project Diva than it is to the scale of a main IM@S release, for those that are a little less aware most of the main IM@S releases are multiple hours of recorded dialogue, localizing it is like taking the stakes that it will sell along the lines of Final Fantasy or Xenoblade Chronicles without the known fanbase to back it up.

I know myself and many others would certainly buy IM@S day one if it were released in English, but realistically it isn't going to happen as it simply isn't worth the resource dump to have a high production game that sells to a niche market.

A game that "might" work in the west however would be the IM@S IOS games as they are significantly smaller productions.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Why do people keep assuming that Im@s would need a full localization? Lots of modern releases don't have localized voices, and in fact part of the selling point of this game is the original voices. Just change the text to be readable by English readers.

@FenixFiesta: The IM@S iOS games did make it over here. I think most people scoffed at the price point.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:

@FenixFiesta: The IM@S iOS games did make it over here. I think most people scoffed at the price point.

That one was the PSP port to IOS, I was thinking more along the line the free to play game Cinderella Girls game.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I would at least like SideM and Cinderella Girls in English. That shouldn't be too hard at all.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:43 pm Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:
I would at least like SideM and Cinderella Girls in English. That shouldn't be too hard at all.

SideM wouldn't have much of an issue except that it caters to a very specific audience and thus may not even do well at all. Cinderella Girls has a chance of selling but it has a lot of really young idols in it often in midriff and a few skimpier outfits (like the really angelic sea princess outfit Kozue wears in the latest White Tail gaccha), that may rub those who don't like lolis or anime the wrong way.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:40 pm Reply with quote
If they would hire me, I'd translate Imas 2 and Deresute in a second.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2