• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SNAFU & MM! Creators' Girlish Number Novel Gets TV Anime About Voice Idols

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
The artwork looks nice but this could be a hit or miss. I'm often kinda nervous about original projects.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The artwork looks nice but this could be a hit or miss. I'm often kinda nervous about original projects.

Well its an anime about idols so thoose normaly always do pretty good atleast in jpn but ofc ye its all about how they gonna do it, i think one of the good points is thats its already about students not some typical high-school stuff etc
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
As I understand it, this is an adaptation of another of Wataruri's novels. This author knows its stuff so I'll watch this, no questions asked.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Another anime to add to this years already packed must watch list. Man this is looking good.
Anotha one
Anotha one
Anotha one
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 pm Reply with quote
#829737 wrote:
Another anime to add to this years already packed must watch list. Man this is looking good.
Anotha one
Anotha one
Anotha one

yup there are quite many but so far mostly just average i would say only a few perhaps that will be really great rest just there to kill time
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
The "Game no Dengeki Kanshasai 2016 & Dengeki Bunko Haru no Saiten 2016 & Dengeki Comic Matsuri 2016" festival

That's some naming sense they've got there Shocked Almost as long as the average LN title nowadays.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
"College student"
Well, better than another high school setting, I guess.

But while her body may look older, her face looks 12.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Wataru Watari is a really good character writer, so this might actually be pretty good. The idea of College age characters pursuing work in the industry obviously brings up memories of Shirobako. With Wataru Watari writing it, I have some decent expectations, for sure. Though I do think we are starting to reach a point where "working in the industry" titles are a bit too common, I think.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:09 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Wataru Watari is a really good character writer, so this might actually be pretty good. The idea of College age characters pursuing work in the industry obviously brings up memories of Shirobako. With Wataru Watari writing it, I have some decent expectations, for sure. Though I do think we are starting to reach a point where "working in the industry" titles are a bit too common, I think.

Agreed, it seems like ever since Shirobako's success, everyone in her brothers is trying to do the inside the industry series. Shame, with all the idols series as of late, it would be nice to see a series that's a bit more realistic as to music idols, aside from a small glimpse you get in WUG.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:17 pm Reply with quote
^Anything in the same line as WUG would definitely be welcome in my book. Dealing with the industry in a more realistic light is the best way for them to continue making titles like this interesting to me. That's why I do sort of have high hopes for this. Wataru Watari can write character drama pretty well, I'm a huge fan of SNAFU( one of my favorite series of the past year), so I could see him going in a more grim, realistic direction, rather than glorifying it, or making it super comedic.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:48 am Reply with quote
I don't see any particular reason why there shouldn't be more "this is how the industry works" type of shows. To me, it isn't all that different from the numerous documentaries made about World War II, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, etc; they are covering the same things/events, but if the presentation is good, then it can still be interesting.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
Hmm, unsure what to think of this. Last "look at the industry" I saw was Shirobako, but didn't enjoy the episodes I saw of that one. Watari has given me some of my favourite characters, due to SNAFU, and characters I liked was what Shirobako lacked.

Can't say this is something I'm thinking is a must watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1