• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FunimationNow Updates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renasviel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Great news, but since when was things like Assassination Classroom, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan and Norogami anime classics? Sure, good shows for the most part, but they are also what I would consider to be relatively new.

Ah well, it'll be nice to have an actual viable alternative to Crunchyroll so I'll probably be subscribing. Hopefully this opens up a way for Funimation to license their series in the UK for home video release - cutting out the middle man to give us better boxsets and get them out more quickly. It would also leave Manga UK and Anime Limited space to focus on other series that might otherwise go unlicensed (like Hyouka, for example...)
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:03 am Reply with quote
anyone else in the UK getting this mainly for Fairy Tail because our DVD releases were stopped at part 9?
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
The problem is a lot of those series listed are already available to view on either Crunchyroll or Viewster in the UK. Having said that, I'll probably end up subscribing just to see Assassination Classroom, which I don't believe is streaming legally in the UK just yet.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Brett-Butler wrote:
The problem is a lot of those series listed are already available to view on either Crunchyroll or Viewster in the UK. Having said that, I'll probably end up subscribing just to see Assassination Classroom, which I don't believe is streaming legally in the UK just yet.

i suppose the biggest pull would be the fact that all the series are both sub and dub so it caters to fans of both

not to mention that with FUNimation Now coming to the UK and that FUNi would also require the UK distribution rights to those shows that some of those series on Cruncyroll and Viewster might not be on those services much longer

depends on how the licencing works
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
anyone else in the UK getting this mainly for Fairy Tail because our DVD releases were stopped at part 9?

Meeee, honestly FT is one of the only things I watch at the moment. I was kinda surprised that the US release of the combo pack apparently works over here as well though, so I might order that.

Was hoping to get Ajin legally streaming at some point...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:51 am Reply with quote
Brett-Butler wrote:
I'll probably end up subscribing just to see Assassination Classroom, which I don't believe is streaming legally in the UK just yet.

Season 2 is now on Animax. Season 1 however...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:

Meeee, honestly FT is one of the only things I watch at the moment. I was kinda surprised that the US release of the combo pack apparently works over here as well though, so I might order that.

DON'T ORDER THE US PACKS

yes the US release works in the UK BUT only up to part 10, parts 11 and onwards are region locked and WILL NOT work on UK players

although if you do want to own part 10 onwards i suggest you import the blu-rays from Australia as they are the same blu-ray region as the UK
marshall2000_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:55 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
Brett-Butler wrote:

i suppose the biggest pull would be the fact that all the series are both sub and dub so it caters to fans of both

not to mention that with FUNimation Now coming to the UK and that FUNi would also require the UK distribution rights to those shows that some of those series on Cruncyroll and Viewster might not be on those services much longer

depends on how the licencing works

Dubs is a major pull for me, I can't wait. I can't really afford to buy everything anymore, so hoping this plugs that hole.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:53 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
cloud8100 wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:

DON'T ORDER THE US PACKS

yes the US release works in the UK BUT only up to part 10, parts 11 and onwards are region locked and WILL NOT work on UK players

although if you do want to own part 10 onwards i suggest you import the blu-rays from Australia as they are the same blu-ray region as the UK

Thanks for telling me about this Very Happy . What about the collection sets? I read collection 5 was OK
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
Thanks for telling me about this Very Happy . What about the collection sets? I read collection 5 was OK

yeah the first 5 US collection sets are fine too but no more after that

but like i said the Australian blu-ray release is the best way to go to be safe for any anime not released in the UK
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:
cloud8100 wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:

DON'T ORDER THE US PACKS

first question is your player part of your PC or is it a stand alone one?
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:

first question is your player part of your PC or is it a stand alone one?

Usually use my ps3 or laptop though my laptop doesn't actually play blu-ray so I stuck with dvd previously...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1