• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Twin Star Exorcists Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blankslate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
The premise seems generic and the character designs do absolutely nothing for me, but with an OK director it might be fun. Let's hope it's not another Divine Gate!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
The premise seems generic and the character designs do absolutely nothing for me, but with an OK director it might be fun. Let's hope it's not another Divine Gate!

I heard the first 6 chapters are as generic as you can get but then - and I quote this person - "shit goes f*****g down fast".
To be honest I am only gonna watch this because the composer. His music of K Project is incredible
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually a little interested in the designs, but I really don't care for Bimbougami, so I don't know how I'd feel about this. . .
macattack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
This is based on a manga by the creator of Binbogami Ga!/Good Luck Girl!, one of the most unpredictable and unconventional manga I've read in recent years. Its not going to stay generic for very long. He is a genius, at times a twisted one, and whether its comedy or action, he can be quite ruthless.

The first episode or two might be a bit meh, but once it gets going, and it won't take too long before it does... Prepare yourself. You're in for a ride.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
This is based on a manga by the creator of Binbogami Ga!/Good Luck Girl!, one of the most unpredictable and unconventional manga I've read in recent years. Its not going to stay generic for very long. He is a genius, at times a twisted one, and whether its comedy or action, he can be quite ruthless.

The first episode or two might be a bit meh, but once it gets going, and it won't take too long before it does... Prepare yourself. You're in for a ride.
Seems to me a lot of people forget the fact that Yoshiaki is the creator of this and has been known to be very unpredictable and I can confirm this with the Twin Star Exorcists manga.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:

Yep I've heard this gets crazy after the 6th chapter.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Now are the guy and girl protagonists equals in battles or does it do the annoying thing where the guy is "so much stronger" than the girl despite similar training?
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Now are the guy and girl protagonists equals in battles or does it do the annoying thing where the guy is "so much stronger" than the girl despite similar training?

He's the power-type, while she's the speed and technique type. They both improve, and she gets a major power-up that puts her on his level.
As the protagonist though, he has a strong power that hasn't been fully explained yet.

TLDR; he's stronger than her, but she's not useless.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
This is one of the more fun series that Shonen Jump has been running recently. While not on the same level as My Hero Academia or Food Wars, it's still extremely enjoyable and I cannot wait to see how the anime turns out.

It makes me wonder if they're going to spoiler[reach the timeskip and continue from where the manga is there, or only go up to the end of the fight with Benio's brother.]
Fuddbender

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm not at all surprised crunchyroll got this. I own vol 1 &2 and I can say it will be another good story to animate Razz it will be a fun ride that's for sure. A bit of mystery/romance/action

I will be picking up vol 3 &4 before the anime airs. I believe the Eng release of vol 4 is a day before the anime airs.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
By now, with all the complaints they get, I think CR should have it be worldwide outside of Japan. At times, I think the Japanese rights holder willfully exclude various countries. I say this because it happens so often.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
CaRoss wrote:
This is one of the more fun series that Shonen Jump has been running recently. While not on the same level as My Hero Academia or Food Wars, it's still extremely enjoyable and I cannot wait to see how the anime turns out.

It makes me wonder if they're going to spoiler[reach the timeskip and continue from where the manga is there, or only go up to the end of the fight with Benio's brother.]

I hope that they reach spoiler[reach the timeskip, because Mayura's basically useless otherwise.]
CaRoss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

I hope that they reach spoiler[reach the timeskip, because Mayura's basically useless otherwise.]

Isn't that the truth. It does help, too, that the spoiler[timeskip does a lot for expanding the world and making it feel like there's more going on than just the need for Benio and Rokurou to procreate and make the destined child.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1