• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Cardcaptor Sakura Manga Is Sequel Launching in June

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
I hope it gets licensed!
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
As much as I love Cardcaptor Sakura, I am seriously worried about CLAMP's less than enthusiastic approach to sticking with their ongoing series.

I think this will be their...5th ongoing series at the moment? Somebody correct me if I am wrong: Gate 7, xxxHolic Rei, Tsubasa sequel, Drug and Drop and now CCS. I have a feeling I am forgetting something though...

Lord knows I'll still buy if it is licensed in English.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
Tsukasa: It probably will. But it might be a tug-of-war between Dark Horse and Kodansha USA. Plus, even if it gets licensed fast, you'll still have to wait as long as the Japanese would to get each volume and/or chapter legally here.
merr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
So we'll get 2 volumes then a 9 year hiatus while CLAMP works on another spin off nobody asked for (probably Chobits next).
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote

Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
^
as much as I'd want to say such things to other series, I'm honestly excited for this one. Sakura is just such a nostalgia.

Hopefully it'll be at least an okay continuation, if it's too difficult to even be on par with the original series.
Maybe something like epilogue-ish spin off?
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
Clamp has been doing nothing but going back to do sequals to there past works and have not made any new materials for years...they also have a few series that have been on hiatus and yet they are deciding to do sequels instead of continue those works. i feel like Clamp has lost its way now.
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
As much as I love Cardcaptor Sakura, I am seriously worried about CLAMP's less than enthusiastic approach to sticking with their ongoing series.

I think this will be their...5th ongoing series at the moment? Somebody correct me if I am wrong: Gate 7, xxxHolic Rei, Tsubasa sequel, Drug and Drop and now CCS. I have a feeling I am forgetting something though...

Lord knows I'll still buy if it is licensed in English.

Perhaps you were thinking of X/1999 or Clover... Razz

Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what they do with this new CCS story. Wasn't it originally going to just be a one-shot? Does this mean it's going to become a longer series now?
meruru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
But in the manga, spoiler[Shaoran leaves and doesn't show up again until they're much older. So I'm guessing he won't even be in this one, which is kind of sad.]

Last edited by meruru on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
cloud8100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
I just want X to continue, Sad
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
But in the manga, Shaoran leaves and doesn't show up again until they're much older. So I'm guessing he won't even be in this one, which is kind of sad.

She's 14 in the manga epilogue, which is early Jr. High. So this series probably picks up after that scene.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Sakura is one of my favorite franchise. Quite excited and I look forward to this but it probably won't last too long in terms of length, maybe 20+ chapters at most.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
As long as there's going to be Shao Ran x Sakura romance, then I'm in. I want to see the rest of the cast as well, but please, no crossover, my dear CLAMP!
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
Its funny how Cardcaptor Sakura is coming back when Sailor Moon decided to reboot after all these years, i just hope that Cardcaptor Sakura gets animated and dubbed, i loved this show much more than Sailor Moon as a child
meruru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Its funny how Cardcaptor Sakura is coming back when Sailor Moon decided to reboot after all these years, i just hope that Cardcaptor Sakura gets animated and dubbed, i loved this show much more than Sailor Moon as a child

Except they obviously followed the same pattern. Birth of them after many years of lull, suddenly started seeing a big pick up in promotion and merchandise before the new stuff started coming out. So I've actually been expecting a new CCS anime or something like that. And I expect they'll probably turn this into an anime at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3