• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nintendo 'NX' Game System Slated for March 2017

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
Wii U lives for another year! But do I still feel bad when the PS4 passes it in sales in Japan because it will be doing around 5k per week? Hmm...when I get to that bridge, I'll decide. lol
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
It'll be tough for them, considering the PS4 and XBONE are so well established at this point. This machine better be up-to-date and not another underpowered kids toy.
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
It'll be tough for them, considering the PS4 and XBONE are so well established at this point. This machine better be up-to-date and not another underpowered kids toy.

Nintendo is a strong brand on it's own though with perhaps the best first party line up there is. At the very least a lot of people buy Nintendo as a companion console.
Lets be honest here the Wii-U sold bad but it could have been so much worst without their all stars and Splatoon boosting sales.

Anyway, considering the talks about the ps4.5 and the lack off info on the Nx...
Really hard to make an assumption o-o'' But yeah a strong working horse would be a sight for sore eyes.

At the very least they got the 3D's, at least one strong pillar supporting the brand.
Sega's path is still far away.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

Kids toy.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Henshinbeetle wrote:

Anyway, considering the talks about the ps4.5 and the lack off info on the Nx...
Really hard to make an assumption o-o'' But yeah a strong working horse would be a sight for sore eyes.

I don't think that the PS4.5 will do that much, as newer games will still have to run on the older hard ware. I see it as more of an upgrade to the media play back features, and maybe seeing fewer frames dropped than you see on the current PS4 hardware.

Then again I went PCMR and never looked back.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I feel like the biggest bummer is that they're not going to reveal the codename NX during the upcoming E3 showing; they're mostly going to talk about the new Zelda game. It makes me wonder if their E3 presence or even the Digital Event will be very light this year.
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I feel like the biggest bummer is that they're not going to reveal the codename NX during the upcoming E3 showing; they're mostly going to talk about the new Zelda game. It makes me wonder if their E3 presence or even the Digital Event will be very light this year.

Ugh, Treehouse has become a tradition here. I hope they wont skip it >_>"
Discussing it live on the Gfaqs boards is such fun plus you can just see how much those guys love their jobs. It's nice seeing people actually having fun whilst talking games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1