• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime Reveals New Theme Song, New 'Silver Mine' Arc Before Zou Arc Starts

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I'm surprised they're doing a filler arc, what with how close we are to the manga. A new OP is nice though
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Why do we half to be stuck with Bartolomeo(I dont care for him at all),couldn't we be stuck with anybody else doesn't have to be the main cast hell id even be cool with Bellamy........Maybe?

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Of course....because Toei doesn't know how to take 1 year breaks.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Im just ready for them to get out of Dressrosa lol, it is killing my love for the series which how much it has dragged and i hope the filler arc be good like the Fairy Tail filler arcs be
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised they're doing a filler arc, what with how close we are to the manga.

They did four episode filler arcs for Strong World and Film Z as well, so I doubt distance to the manga has anything to do with it.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:45 pm Reply with quote
So that means Dressrosa is officially 118 episodes long, lol. Hot damn. Happy they're doing a filler arc even though it'll probably last for only 4-5 episodes.

And yay, a new opening! Was pretty obvious we'd get a new one, but hey, Hiroshi Kitadani is back once again! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheConqueror

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised they're doing a filler arc, what with how close we are to the manga.

They did four episode filler arcs for Strong World and Film Z as well, so I doubt distance to the manga has anything to do with it.

The filler has nothing to do with the movie. They are doing a TV special for the movie.
Deynard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Hiroshi my nakama!!!
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
So that means Dressrosa is officially 118 episodes long, lol. Very Happy

118 episodes that is nothing Naruto has been on the Ninja War arc for 243 episodes and over 5 years and they aren't even done yet lol.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
TheConqueror wrote:
The filler has nothing to do with the movie. They are doing a TV special for the movie.

It is in addition to the special
ANN wrote:
The "Silver Mine" arc will debut on June 26. [...] The story of the arc will link to One Piece Film Gold (pictured at right), which opens in Japan on July 23.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised they're doing a filler arc, what with how close we are to the manga. A new OP is nice though

No, I'm certain this is just a tie-in to One Piece Film Gold. They've been doing this since Strong World, timing movies to be shortly after an arc ends and then injecting a very small filler arc loosely tied to an upcoming movie, too short to have any function as traditional filler.

Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
Why do we half to be stuck with Bartolomeo(I dont care for him at all),couldn't we be stuck with anybody else doesn't have to be the main cast hell id even be cool with Bellamy........Maybe?

Bartolomeo is incredibly popular among Japanese fans (and some western fans too), ranking in the top 10 in the most recent popularity poll. They're responding to that feedback.

The other reason is because, when Luffy leaves Dressrosa, spoiler[he leaves it on Bartolomeo's ship, so it would makes sense for Bartolomeo to be there].
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

You're joking, right? Barto is amazing, and the only thing Bellamy needs to do is die in a fire. Razz

Really happy to hear about Hiroshi Kitadani, though. "We Are!" and "We Go!" are the de facto main themes of the two halves of the series, and are still among my favorite openings.
lamel2g

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I'd take Barto over Bellamy 100 times out of 100. I wish Doffy would've killed him to be honest.
chex mix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:04 am Reply with quote
Oh, filler, thank God. Hopefully they make this one longer than the usual tie-in arcs.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
While I'm not at all surprised that they're doing a filler arc (as short as it may be), I am a little surprised that it's tied to Gold when there's also the special coming. I hope Gold is worth all of this hype (it seems like it will be). Feel free to stop on another island on your way to Zou, the current 29 chapter margin isn't enough.

The Zou arc is very short, only 20 chapters, but I'm betting it'll take us all the way to the winter anime season to complete when animated.

Monster Hunter wrote:
118 episodes that is nothing Naruto has been on the Ninja War arc for 243 episodes and over 5 years and they aren't even done yet lol.

Nice try, but the Fourth Great Ninja War arc was only 73 episodes from 261 to 340 (with the six episode Chikara filler arc crammed in the middle). That was followed by the Ten-Tails Revival arc from 341 to 348 (7 eps), then a filler break (Shadow of the Anbu arc), then back from 362 to 393 (31 eps), then filler (Naruto's Back: The tracks of his friends arc), then 414 to 426 ending (12 eps). Then multiple filler arcs from 427 to 458 (Dream World arc, Jiraiya Ninja Scroll arc, Itachi Shinden arc). Then back to canon with the Kaguya Ootsutsuki Strikes arc from 459 to present. In the past four years (not five) they've only had 128 canon episodes (a little less than two and a half years worth), that's not very impressive. The Dressrosa arc had its entire run with no major filler.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2