• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound! Euphonium 2 Anime's 1st Promo Video Teases Story in English

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Lol, the English narration threw me off a little. Nice promo though, looks good so far Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DukeNukem3D0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Because we really need second season of K-on oh I mean sound euphonium
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh, man...This narrator's voice is seriously off-putting. This is a slice-of-life show, not a life-or-death action film.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
The narration was awful. Oh my god. Who said this was okay to put online?? But still. Can't wait for sound euphonium!!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Oh, man...This narrator's voice is seriously off-putting. This is a slice-of-life show, not a life-or-death action film.

Hey, concert band is serious business (especially competitive ones, yeesh)! Surprised
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of some of the Narration used for American movie trailers.
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hey, concert band is serious business (especially competitive ones, yeesh)!

In Japan it is quite serious (almost all bands are competitive from what I heard). One of the conductors for one of the bands I play in studied in Japan. Apparently they have concert bands everywhere (not just schools, military, and community bands but also company bands). Some bands are so serious they literally sound like professional groups (Seika Girls HS band for example). Japan is also home to the disputably best concert band in the world (Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra).

Funnily enough the bands in my state only compete in marching band (Drum Corps style field shows) and not concert bands so most players aren't extremely serious but we have several band programs here with national and international recognition.

I'm looking forward to the second season but I have my doubts that I will love it (realistically they should get crushed in the nationals considering what their competition would be in real life) if only because of how realistic it is probably going to end. If they do end up winning everything then I would likely enjoy it more if I were not so much of a band geek because I know how far fetched that would be in reality. Razz
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Another painful reminder that one of my favorite anime series from the last 3 years is distributed by Ponycan USA, the worst anime distributor in North America. In addition to asking high prices and having horrendous packaging, apparently their discs for Sound! Euphonium have authoring problems.

DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

I hope you at least watched the two anime series because they are not a copy of each other.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
xifeng.hu wrote:
Quote:
Hey, concert band is serious business (especially competitive ones, yeesh)!

In Japan it is quite serious (almost all bands are competitive from what I heard). One of the conductors for one of the bands I play in studied in Japan. Apparently they have concert bands everywhere (not just schools, military, and community bands but also company bands). Some bands are so serious they literally sound like professional groups (Seika Girls HS band for example). Japan is also home to the disputably best concert band in the world (Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra).

Funnily enough the bands in my state only compete in marching band (Drum Corps style field shows) and not concert bands so most players aren't extremely serious but we have several band programs here with national and international recognition.

I'm looking forward to the second season but I have my doubts that I will love it (realistically they should get crushed in the nationals considering what their competition would be in real life) if only because of how realistic it is probably going to end. If they do end up winning everything then I would likely enjoy it more if I were not so much of a band geek because I know how far fetched that would be in reality. Razz

Well realistically they should have been crushed in the regional, so realism already was thrown out the window, they might as well win the international at this point.
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

This two anime are not even close to each other and so different in so many ways. Despite being about music and from the same studio that is. To even say that they are similair is such a joke. You clearly haven't watched it. If you have then you seriously must have been asleep.

But anyway really looking forward to season two.
DukeNukem3D0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:55 am Reply with quote
TheRahi00 wrote:
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

This two anime are not even close to each other and so different in so many ways. Despite being about music and from the same studio that is. To even say that they are similair is such a joke. You clearly haven't watched it. If you have then you seriously must have been asleep.

i said that because both are boring moe shows with forgettable characters even by slice of life despite having good animation
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:
TheRahi00 wrote:
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

i said that because both are boring moe shows with forgettable characters even by slice of life despite having good animation

I like it how people use the word moe nowadays to say something is bad.

But I guess it's your opinion, Hibike Euphonium is one of the strongest Kyoani shows in the last years and as a Slice of Life, K-On is one of the best shows you can get. But to each their own.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
I hope we get to hear that jazzy soundtrack in the actual show.
Jolty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

So in other words, you haven't even seen Hibike Euphonium?
robertbaldie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Jolty wrote:
DukeNukem3D0 wrote:

So in other words, you haven't even seen Hibike Euphonium?

^ This.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2