• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 Gets World Premiere in Atlanta

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
Well I for one can't wait for season two of IBO to premiere since I did enjoy watching season one and just like season one I'm sure that it'll be on multiple streaming sites. Smile
Shirohae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:46 am Reply with quote
OMG I can't wait!!
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:13 am Reply with quote
Congrats to AWA for the get. It's a great con, and nice to see them land a news-making event.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Congrats to AWA for the get. It's a great con, and nice to see them land a news-making event.
fudge is it possible to still get tickets to AWA's con ?
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:46 am Reply with quote
All that new armor and they still keep the fragile mid section exposed. Rolling Eyes I like the series, but come on, we're supposed to believe that's not a target?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
All that new armor and they still keep the fragile mid section exposed. Rolling Eyes I like the series, but come on, we're supposed to believe that's not a target?

Emerje
If there were beam weapons, I could understand but since there are none, its not really a week point anymore.
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Sometimes Gundams also want to look sexy
amagee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:

Definitely. You can get AWA tickets no problem. It's also a wonderful con; you'll enjoy it.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
amagee wrote:
dark13 wrote:

Definitely. You can get AWA tickets no problem. It's also a wonderful con; you'll enjoy it.
Thanks man Smile but I wonder since this is a World Premiere I"m guessing the the op and ending won't be ready yet ?
Hideki-Motosuwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
invalidname wrote:

What do you mean? If you're talking about Pre-Reg then yeah but after looking at the Pre-Reg page, it's confusing to me since I usually don't have to deal with it (I'm a staffer for the Video Games Department - 15 years going). Here's a link:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/anime-weekend-atlanta-2016-registration-18588878837
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Hideki-Motosuwa wrote:
dark13 wrote:
invalidname wrote:

What do you mean? If you're talking about Pre-Reg then yeah but after looking at the Pre-Reg page, it's confusing to me since I usually don't have to deal with it (I'm a staffer for the Video Games Department - 15 years going). Here's a link:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/anime-weekend-atlanta-2016-registration-18588878837
Yeah Pre Reg and Thanks for the link, you kick so much ass right now oh and thanks for working so hard for us . Smile
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
so season 2 will wrap up this series right ?

or maybe there's a season 3 Laughing
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

Gundam anime are most of the time 50 episodes
only spin offs are less then that Laughing
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

not quite. you must be talking about gundam series in the past like Wing ,G Gundam , Seed , Seed Destiny and others which had financial backing and had support from bandai ent which was the only company that licensed any gundam series before going six feet under. the premiere of 00 which had two 25 ep seasons instead of 1 whole season with 50 eps like its predecessors, started the trend. and its was more a given with build fighters also only having a 25 ep season ,and its sequel build fighters tri getting the same treatment.

also there's rarely any spinoffs in the gundam series. their either sequels or prequels. though most of them like unicorn and others instead get the 12 ep or less OVA treatment or their a movie release like char's counterattack the the origin trilogy.

and as for a season three??? Forget about it. it will never happen. in the history of any gundam series, not one had a third season. some of them only had a movies as either a complication of the series or a movie sequel to complete any plotholes left by the TV series. so if there is gonna be a sequel to IBO it will mostly be a movie and not a third season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
dark13 wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

not quite. you must be talking about gundam series in the past like Wing ,G Gundam , Seed , Seed Destiny and others which had financial backing and had support from bandai ent which was the only company that licensed any gundam series before going six feet under. the premiere of 00 which had two 25 ep seasons instead of 1 whole season with 50 eps like its predecessors, started the trend. and its was more a given with build fighters also only having a 25 ep season ,and its sequel build fighters tri getting the same treatment.
well the 25 to 25 episode thing to me is pretty much 50 episodes which is what most Gundam anime have ( G-reco being the exception)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1