• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Gintama Film Finishes Shooting Gintoki's Scenes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:45 am Reply with quote
Now I'm actually kinda excited to see this xb
Also, someone needs to straighten up Sorachi ASAP x'D
Midaro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
I'm certainly beginning to have a good feeling about this. I love Sorachi's drawing. He's so fun too.

Last edited by Midaro on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
another505

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:08 am Reply with quote
I am going to be soooo sad when gintama ends...
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
Give me 800 billion yen lol. Also I wonder if this Gintama movie will be anything like the Rurouni Kenshin movies.
Midaro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:
Give me 800 billion yen lol. Also I wonder if this Gintama movie will be anything like the Rurouni Kenshin movies.

I'd love that. This first movie is going to be introductory, like the first Kenshin movie. As difficult as Gintama's translation into a live-action is, at least, Shun Oguri doesn't overact in comic scenes. His Lupin III was pretty credible and faithful to the character. We can expect a good Gintoki. If the film was good as well, there would be a great chance for more epic films to come.
Still, I have no idea about Oguri's knowledge on sword fighting or how long it would take to be able to play the sort of fights we saw in the Kenshin's movies. I mean, the actors in Kenshin did the stunt themselves. I have no idea how long it took them, but Oguri kun ended his acting in just a couple of months. We could think that, maybe, this first movie won't be that epic, visually, because of that. But there are so many characters fighting here: the Shinsengumi and the joi rebels, Gin-san, Kagura, Shinpachi, even his sister. It could be awesome. The next movies, were there any, should definetely be. Hope remains since Sorachi showed us the character's skills and past gradually along the manga and no one has been cast for Takasugi's role yet (I think). Right now the great question remains being Elizabeth. Anime hyper
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:07 pm Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:

The director is different from Rurouni Kenshin, but this director HAS a lot of experience with comedic live-actions. (Aoi Honoo is a good example - sample clip featuring Hijikata's live-action actor. )

I highly doubt the action team who worked on Kenshin will be working on Gintama, but we'll see.

Midaro wrote:
Still, I have no idea about Oguri's knowledge on sword fighting or how long it would take to be able to play the sort of fights we saw in the Kenshin's movies.

If it counts, one of his last television dramas was actually Nobunaga Concerto back in 2015, and has a profile of action dramas (primarily police dramas) before that. He, at least, has some experience with sword fighting recently, compared to Sato Takeru, who was more known for human/realistic dramas/movies around the time he did Kenshin.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:27 am Reply with quote
didn't care too much for this until i saw those images. Now i really cant wait.

I love Gintama anime so i am thinking about reading the manga since its on its last arc. I really hope it ends well.
Midaro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:

The director is different from Rurouni Kenshin, but this director HAS a lot of experience with comedic live-actions. (Aoi Honoo is a good example - sample clip featuring Hijikata's live-action actor. )

Wow It looks great!! I see him as Hijikata.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:
I wonder if this Gintama movie will be anything like the Rurouni Kenshin movies.
For comedy movie I expect to be like another Cromartie High School live action.
Midaro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I can't but to think how great it would be that in following films they casted Satoh Takeru as Takasugi... We should make a formal petition xD

Last edited by Midaro on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
russ869

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Midaro wrote:
Still, I have no idea about Oguri's knowledge on sword fighting or how long it would take to be able to play the sort of fights we saw in the Kenshin's movies.

Seems like Oguri should have at least some sword fighting experience since he was in Ryuhei Kitamura's first Azumi movie. Although to be honest... spoiler[he's not in the movie for very long...].
Chocoreto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
Oh Gintama... all the jokes they have made about this... Does anyone remember that episode with Kyuubei's birthday when Ooguri Shun himself was invited and drawn as a cast member? Or when they were trying to run the Host Club in Takamagahara looking for members, saying: "We don't want anyone too good looking like Ooguri Shun, he's going to make us look bad." Did anyone imagine back then that Ooguri Shun would actually play Gintoki in the future?

My favorite anime + my favorite actor, this does not have many ways to go wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1