• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Wife is the Student Council President Season 2's 1st Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see the best girls again. Smile
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:01 am Reply with quote
I'd hesitate to call the show anything more than a guilty pleasure, but nonetheless I'm still looking forward to it. I just wish next season had more to offer than a few decent sounding shows and a bunch of guilty pleasures. This is one of the best anime seasons I've ever experienced, but it seems like every great season is followed up by a disappointing one.

I wonder when Media Blasters is going to put out the dub though. First they said summer, then in August they said 'later this year', and now summer has come and passed. What's up with that?
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, well... given how long it took for YaMiBo to finally get out the door, I'm worried that this show -- which is probably not one of MB's top priorities -- will take quite some time too.

Also, what is up with the new character and her stalkerish tendencides? Did the show feel it dropped the ball on some primo blackmail material with the student council president when they had her being eager to support the male lead's crossdressing fetish? Well.... the one he doesn't really have, but he kind of dug himself into anyway. (Which was actually kind of amusing, given the show's otherwise lazy and boorish comedy.)
JRPGNATION

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
Yeah, well... given how long it took for YaMiBo to finally get out the door, I'm worried that this show -- which is probably not one of MB's top priorities -- will take quite some time too.

Also, what is up with the new character and her stalkerish tendencides? Did the show feel it dropped the ball on some primo blackmail material with the student council president when they had her being eager to support the male lead's crossdressing fetish? Well.... the one he doesn't really have, but he kind of dug himself into anyway. (Which was actually kind of amusing, given the show's otherwise lazy and boorish comedy.)

Blasphemy. Shocked You suffer from opinion syndrome Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
given the show's otherwise lazy and boorish comedy.)

Excuse me but I find the comedy good and the characters lovable. Embarassed
Now can somebody tell me when Media Blasters will release that hentai they are dubbing? Shocked
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
JRPGNATION wrote:

I know. It's a major character flaw of mine.

Quote:
Now can somebody tell me when Media Blasters will release that hentai they are dubbing? Shocked

I actually agree with the second half of your assessment. Despite the show's tendency to throw in "tiny cranky tsundere side characters who are (almost) only there to yell at people", the three major characters are actually rather... well, as you put it: lovable.

Also, what the hell was up with Ui's mom?! Was she in there just so she could fall, crotch first, onto the male lead's mouth and make us all feel really awkward about seeing that?
JRPGNATION

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
JRPGNATION wrote:

I know. It's a major character flaw of mine.

Quote:

I actually agree with the second half of your assessment. Despite the show's tendency to throw in "tiny cranky tsundere side characters who are (almost) only there to yell at people", the three major characters are actually rather... well, as you put it: lovable.

Also, what the hell was up with Ui's mom?! Was she in there just so she could fall, crotch first, onto the male lead's mouth and make us all feel really awkward about seeing that?

I not sure if I remember that but ah you have blue balls in that scene? Shocked Well I have zero complains about that. Twisted Evil Razz Embarassed Laughing Cool
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
While I generally don't mind people taking obviously humorous digs at me over my opinionated opinions, I'm not sure how I feel about ones that implicate me of being a pedophile. Confused Maybe not take it that far?
JRPGNATION

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:13 am Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
While I generally don't mind people taking obviously humorous digs at me over my opinionated opinions, I'm not sure how I feel about ones that implicate me of being a pedophile. Confused Maybe not take it that far?

What? Shocked I not sure what you are saying but I didn't accuse you of that. Shocked Also are you saying if somebody like that scene you are going to call them a pedophile? Shocked

Because that just will be stupid. Mad That like calling me a murderer over shooting people in a video game. That just dumb and stupid. Mad

Talk about taking the fun out the conversation dude. Evil or Very Mad
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wasn't sure how else to interpret the comment that I was somehow getting blueballed by this... girl who is somehow Ui's mom?

Quote:
Also are you saying if somebody like that scene you are going to call them a pedophile?

If they find it funny? No, not necessarily, though it's very awkward humor, at least for me. If people are getting literally blueballed by it, though, I'm... not sure where to place that. You DO know what blue balls mean, right? ^^;; It has a very specific meaning, and a crass one in the context of that particular scene.

Thankfully, the show didn't really go there, because it put a cap in that particular development before it had a chance to go anywhere, so... I'm grateful for that, at least.

I realize you said it in jest, but.... yeah, it wasn't very amusing to be in the receiving end of that. Sorry if I took the fun out of it for you. Though in hindsight, I should probably have used the word "lolicon" instead of "pedophile" -- the latter might have been a bit uncalled for, I'll admit, even in the context of "did you say that I said that you were" that this turned out to be.
JRPGNATION

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
Well, I wasn't sure how else to interpret the comment that I was somehow getting blueballed by this... girl who is somehow Ui's mom?

Quote:
Also are you saying if somebody like that scene you are going to call them a pedophile?

If they find it funny? No, not necessarily, though it's very awkward humor, at least for me. If people are getting literally blueballed by it, though, I'm... not sure where to place that. You DO know what blue balls mean, right? ^^;; It has a very specific meaning, and a crass one in the context of that particular scene.

Thankfully, the show didn't really go there, because it put a cap in that particular development before it had a chance to go anywhere, so... I'm grateful for that, at least.

I realize you said it in jest, but.... yeah, it wasn't very amusing to be in the receiving end of that. Sorry if I took the fun out of it for you. Though in hindsight, I should probably have used the word "lolicon" instead of "pedophile" -- the latter might have been a bit uncalled for, I'll admit, even in the context of "did you say that I said that you were" that this turned out to be.

I was just Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I was poking fun a you. You know [expletive] with you and all. Confused Nothing serious but apparently I miss the mark with you. Embarassed Sorry. Crying or Very sad
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
You know, never mind. I'm kind of tired and I might have overreacted. I thought this convo started out fine, but the blue balls comment just caught me completely off guard. (And it was over the one thing where I felt the show stepped dangerously close to the line.)
JRPGNATION

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
You know, never mind. I'm kind of tired and I might have overreacted. I thought this convo started out fine, but the blue balls comment just caught me completely off guard. (And it was over the one thing where I felt the show stepped dangerously close to the line.)

Well if the show goes there Twisted Evil You can always stop watching. Laughing

Well I'm sure there a lot of people would love to see that. Twisted Evil

I never get or understand why people put lines on fictional shows. Confused

Then Again I not one to talk. I love fan service anime but despise Queen blade poor excuse for a story. Yet I was able to marathon School days and Endless 8. Mad

Weird how can I watch those two things but can't get pass Queen Blade episode 2. Confused
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
@SquadmemberRitsu, if they were a bigger company like they were years back, then they would have likely released by now. At least it's not currently as bad as the multiple "Last Guardian" delays.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:00 am Reply with quote
JRPGNATION wrote:
Well if the show goes there Twisted Evil You can always stop watching. Laughing

There's always the option to stop watching. I consider that all the time if a show gets of to a rocky start. Of course, some times, that rocky start might be just that: a rocky start. (See the "Queen's Blade" example below.)

Quote:
I never get or understand why people put lines on fictional shows. Confused

I think everyone draws SOME lines regardless of how fictional the story is, at the very least when it's trying to play it somewhat seriously. Those lines might be put further away even on the serious ones, and much more so in clearly satirical ones and/or based on how it's portraying whoever and whatever controversial person or thing going on. This is the sort of thing that has worked very well for South Park, for instance.

My Wife is the Student Council President, on the other hand, actually played its sexual parts very seriously and with a surprising amount of respect, so that scene with Ui's bizarrely prepubescent mom being thrown into that kind of set me off. It's a lot like Amanchu -- you have this lovely healing slice-of-life vibe going on, and then they just throw in this violent tsundere bully for seemingly no reason. Yes, it's slapstick, sort of, but it completely breaks with the tone the show is otherwise going for.

Quote:
Then Again I not one to talk. I love fan service anime but despise Queen blade poor excuse for a story. Yet I was able to marathon School days and Endless 8. Mad

Weird how can I watch those two things but can't get pass Queen Blade episode 2. Confused

Queen's Blade actually got pretty decent once it got over its "we must make Leina pee herself" routine (and, arguably, Echidna's rather... questionable and excessive training methods.) That show at least had something going for it, which is probably more than can be said about a more recent show that's in production, based around that dumb subgame in DoA Xtreme2. (Harmless dumb, granted, but still dumb. I seriously don't see how they can manage to make butt battles exciting for 13 episodes, much less whatever they initially hoped for.) I know this is a bit presumptious of me, so I would actually welcome the chance to be proven wrong here.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Alright the off topic back and forth stops now please.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2