×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sakurada Reset Teen Fantasy Light Novels Get TV Anime, 2 Live-Action Films




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kon'Doriano



Joined: 17 Sep 2016
Posts: 552
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Another mere light novel series that not only centers around high school students (typical) and a lame premise. Leave it a light novelist to believe that introducing flawless memorization and time resets in a story where the two MCs are solving cases is a good idea. Rolling Eyes I'm gonna pass on this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vongola Prim0



Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Another mere light novel series that not only centers around high school students (typical) and a lame premise. Leave it a light novelist to believe that introducing flawless memorization and time resets in a story where the two MCs are solving cases is a good idea. Rolling Eyes I'm gonna pass on this one.


It's not about the what; It's how it's done. Although, in your case you just seem to have problems with Light Novels in general.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirdano1



Joined: 06 Jul 2011
Posts: 225
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kei learns of the "MacGuffin" stone, which looks like a worthless black stone, but in reality will turn out to be the stone upon which the existence of Sakurada will hinge on.


The author isn't even trying at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jesusalcala11



Joined: 08 Sep 2013
Posts: 131
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
sirdano1 wrote:
Quote:
Kei learns of the "MacGuffin" stone, which looks like a worthless black stone, but in reality will turn out to be the stone upon which the existence of Sakurada will hinge on.


The author isn't even trying at this point.

I got this:
Kei learns of Sakuradanomium, which looks like a worthless black stone, but in reality provides the Sakaradanite necessary to sustain the existence of Sakurada.

In other news, I enjoyed Erased so I might enjoy this one as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ashen Phoenix



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 2787
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
The premise sounds a bit lackluster BUT so did Hyouka at first glance and that became one of my favorite mystery series of all time, so I'll keep an eye out for Sakurada Reset and see if it can spin an intriguing yarn.

Admittedly the name of the sought-after stone had me giggling to no end, but then I've read an abundant amount of TV Tropes. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Kon'Doriano



Joined: 17 Sep 2016
Posts: 552
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Vongola Prim0 wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Another mere light novel series that not only centers around high school students (typical) and a lame premise. Leave it a light novelist to believe that introducing flawless memorization and time resets in a story where the two MCs are solving cases is a good idea. Rolling Eyes I'm gonna pass on this one.


It's not about the what; It's how it's done. Although, in your case you just seem to have problems with Light Novels in general.


The "what it's about" is just as important as "how it's done." A series needs both good material AND execution in order to work. Just by looking at the premise, I can already see how bad it'll flop without having to surmise. Both MCs have powers that are essentially way too convenient to use to solve cases. Being able to remember everything is fine but the girl is able to reset time which automatically removes any sort of tension that comes with problem solving. Not only that but the other MC is able to keep his memory after the time leap.....what on earth? I remember the last time I saw a mystery series that tried to use time resets (*coughs* Erased *coughs) and it definitely wasn't good. It's not just my distaste for light novels that have to with this per say, it's my experience with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harminia



Joined: 24 Aug 2015
Posts: 1745
Location: australia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 am Reply with quote
Wait.
MacGuffin stone? Like, is that really... the name? Not just a snarky comment someone made?

....
"マクガフィン" It really is the McGuffin stone. Or MacGuffin. However you want to spell it. If this story isn't super meta I'll be disappointed.
Amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Razor/Edge



Joined: 05 Jun 2015
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
This sounds pretty interesting to me. Erased combined with Hyouka could be a fantastic anime. I've not read the light novel (and I doubt most/all of the people commenting here haven't either) so I have no idea if it falls into typical LN troupes to actually manages to stand out in the crowd. Either way, i'll be keeping my eye on this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pikopika



Joined: 21 Nov 2014
Posts: 194
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:21 am Reply with quote
Hm, I might check this series out. There must be a reason why it will have anime and live-action film adaptations (unless it is due to popularity).

The good news is the light novel series is complete so it might get a full adaptation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Agent355



Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 5110
Location: Crackberry in hand, thumbs at the ready...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
The part that strikes me as most strange is that the original light novels ran from 2009-2012 and the story is complete. If it's popular enough for multiple adaptations, why wait before adapting it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group