• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
XEBEC Animates Black Clover Manga's Event Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:22 am Reply with quote
Xebec? They should be fine but aren't most of the anime they animate ecchi and fan service animes? There are of course others but those ones stand out to me
joac101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:25 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Xebec? They should be fine but aren't most of the anime they animate ecchi and fan service animes? There are of course others but those ones stand out to me

yup they did stuff like to love ru and now keijo but they also did pandora hearts back then
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 am Reply with quote
joac101 wrote:
HueyLion wrote:

yup they did stuff like to love ru and now keijo but they also did pandora hearts back then

Which was horrible compared to the manga
MoeTAW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:26 am Reply with quote
I find this surprising but I'm honestly looking forward to how they'll animate this, their animation quality on To Love Ru and Keijo looks really good. I guess the only issue I have is who's going to direct and write the script for this. The manga itself seems simple to adapt?
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
Some people don´t want Pierrot or TOEI to adapt this, but think about it:
-This series can become easily a long runnung shonen since its story is simple for kids and casual audiences
-It can definetely enter into the TV Tokyo program of long running series
-The manga itself isn´t a masterpiece of storytelling, so fillers can help this series to have some flavor, expanding on the supporting characters(since they are better and more interesting than Asta), and include new storylines for either give some ranking to the Black Bulls, or give more screentime to some other guilds

So come at me bros!!!!
Bruce91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
If black clover get a full anime series. I hope it's the guys from madhouse that did hunter x hunter. I mean, sure they had a lot of material to work with. But man did they adapt the series well.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
I just got to read black clover. And I really feel like the people in the forums here who bash the series for copying are either full of bs or haven't seen more than one long running Shonen. Because Naruto took much more ideas for arcs and plot from Hunter x hunter and even directly copied certain things. It's similar with bleach and yu yu Hakusho. So if black clover takes anything from Naruto then it's the same situation that had happened a few times already.

No Naruto and bleach are not original masterpieces. Both series took ideas from pre existing shoes and so did black clover.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
anime studio XEBEC will animate the event anime adaptation of the manga

What does this even mean? Is it going to be a 5 minute short with the manga characters at this event hanging around?

I like Black Clover's art and character designs, so hopefully they decide to do a full anime of it.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:08 am Reply with quote
bruce1991 wrote:
If black clover get a full anime series. I hope it's the guys from madhouse that did hunter x hunter. I mean, sure they had a lot of material to work with. But man did they adapt the series well.

AGAIN...

-This series can become easily a long runnung shonen since its story is simple for kids and casual audiences
-The manga itself isn´t a masterpiece of storytelling, so fillers can help this series to have some flavor, expanding on the supporting characters(since they are better and more interesting than Asta), and include new storylines for either give some ranking to the Black Bulls, or give more screentime to some other guilds

Remember what happened with Mahouka: well animated, but WELL ANIMATED SHIT IS STILL SHIT.Black Clover is good for casuals and kids but for anoybody else, there are better options out there. The best is one of these studios, or whichever other studio should put some fillers in there
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
They made Martian Successor Nadesico, Dai-Guard, D.N.Angel and RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:

So come at me bros!!!!

- Yeah then they'll just stretch out the material and end up making it as tolerable as One Piece and Naruto, which isn't a good thing at all
- it can but it shouldn't if the staff and producers want quality over quantity, like how the people behind Boku no Hero handled it
- Fillers don't generally add much to a series at all unless it expands on material from the source.

What they should do is make a single or dual cour season while conserving the material they're using to adopt then make another season a couple months later if the anime is still in high demand. That's what Bones did with BnH and so far it worked out just fine. Making another long running series at this day and age is far too risky.
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:10 am Reply with quote
[quote="SkerllyF"]
bruce1991 wrote:

Your points don't really make sense. By your logic as long as it's a shounen its okay if it gets shit treatment. The fillers Pierrot and Toei made are completely unbearable, and One Piece and Naruto are anime which have been ruined. I sure as hell don't want Black Clover to get the same treatment. It doesn't matter how simple this show or if it's aimed for kids. There are enough people who are not casuals, who enjoy this manga as well. And I'm one of them. Every studio is better than Pierrot and Toei and it doesn't matter if its a long running anime or not. Gintama is also a long running anime, and got a very good treatment from Sunrise without relying on fillers or whatever.
xzy123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
[quote="TheRahi00"]
SkerllyF wrote:
bruce1991 wrote:

Your points don't really make sense. By your logic as long as it's a shounen its okay if it gets shit treatment. The fillers Pierrot and Toei made are completely unbearable, and One Piece and Naruto are anime which have been ruined. I sure as hell don't want Black Clover to get the same treatment. It doesn't matter how simple this show or if it's aimed for kids. There are enough people who are not casuals, who enjoy this manga as well. And I'm one of them. Every studio is better than Pierrot and Toei and it doesn't matter if its a long running anime or not. Gintama is also a long running anime, and got a very good treatment from Sunrise without relying on fillers or whatever.

but look at japan right now all of them are casual who only buy one thing and leave the other to fail
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
xzy123 wrote:

but look at japan right now all of them are casual who only buy one thing and leave the other to fail

What do you mean by that

Quote:

-The First Fullmetal Filler
-The Sailor Moon 90´s fillers
-The Kaguya fillers in Naruto
-The G-8 arc in One Piece
-The Key Starry something arc(I don´t remember well the name) in Fairy Tail

These are filler that not only are based on the quirks that made these series enjoyable, some of them even expand in some concepts of these series, and even give more screentime to some neglected characters. What I mean is that an anime of Black Clover of course can have adapted the manga content, but needs some fillers to expand on the supporting characters(since they are better and more interesting than Asta), and/or include new storylines for either give some ranking to the Black Bulls, or give more screentime to some other guilds. Not all filler episodes are as bad as some anime fanbases made them to be.

I said all of this because a work of fiction can start appealing to casuals or kids, but end up even appealing to some experienced people(Cowboy Bebop, The Thundercats, He Man, Digimon), but so far Black Clover is appealing to casuals and kids(which I say is good) but also can appeal to some experienced audience, which is enough reason for most of them to say it´s not good.

Also, this is an adaptation I am talking about. The purpose of an adaptation should be to take a work of fiction from one media to another by:
-using the quirks that make that work enjoyable
-using concepts or characters depending of the screentime defined by the adaptation, meaning that you may or may not have to eliminate something

These are things that anime fans don´t understand, that not every adaptation has to be a copy of the source material. Phoenix Wright had to change some cases on adaptation because it began too faithful to the games, without making the thing enjoyable(even if the series didn´t end so much enjoyable) and Sailor Moon Crystal is criticized for being too faithful to the manga too. If BC remains too faithful to the manga, of course it will deserve its criticisms. Even worse, if Bones, Madhouse or any studio of HQ animation takes it, it will be well presented fluff(Mahouka, Oreshura and Rolling Girls and SAO are enough examples of this)

If anyone thinks that I´m offending the fans here, it would be good if you open the mind a little bit and here other people´s opinions, facts, etc
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
HueyLion wrote:
They made Martian Successor Nadesico, Dai-Guard, D.N.Angel and RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne.

They also worked on Shaman King, Buso Renkin and the Megaman adaptations from last decade (all of EXE/NT Warrior, Star Force & the X OVA that came with the PSP game).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2