• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden Anime Debuts New 'Boyhood' Arc on October 20

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
So what? Is it going to be filmed over 12 years and feature Naruto becoming an emo, Kushina becoming a tool, Minato becoming a failed rock star, and Sakura becoming Naruto's sister?

Not-hilarious Boyhood reference aside, can't wait for another crapton of filler. Hope Pierrot gives us something good.
Zethus_Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
I hope that Naruto gets the Kai treatment because these fillers droves drove me not to watch it anymore.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Connor Waltman wrote:
I hope that Naruto gets the Kai treatment because these fillers droves drove me not to watch it anymore.

Good thing there's the manga then!
Tylerr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:35 am Reply with quote
lame...

i wanted fillers from naruto the last movie period.

We got plenty of pts fillers back before shippuuden even started.

Connor Waltman wrote:

naruto fillers are easy to skip.
GFYC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:44 am Reply with quote
was i high, i thought they said they were doing the hidden books next?
Calculus20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
GFYC wrote:
was i high, i thought they said they were doing the hidden books next?

They still are, but that's going to be in Winter 2017. This boyhood arc will probably only last until then.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
Hey, I'm not complaining. The episode that's airing today covers the final chapter, chapter 700, which means the 15 year time skip to Naruto being Hokage. Since they've just about got covering the manga all wrapped up, they can show all the filler they want. Although I will say I'm disappointed. I wanted them to show things based around The Last time slot. Like Naruto and Hinata dating, their actual wedding (not just a pretty clip show), their married life, how Sasuke and Sakura got together, ect. But oh well.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
About Naruto and Hinata? YAY!
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:25 am Reply with quote
This is, as the kids say, top kek. This anime literally never stops being profitable it seems.
Not only does that pretty much confirm at last that bleach will never return with studio pierrot, even for an ova, it pretty much makes Naruto the most dragged franchise I have heard of so far.

The manga's material ended when? Two years before the anime ended? So they were doing fillers for two years because the manga's material ended which is already hilarious.
Now it's gonna continue past its original Manga, but not in a way dragonball did with gt or super. It's gonna be an extended cut of all the filler flashbacks of Narutos childhood?

Am I the only one here that finds this absolutely hilarious?
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
And the cash cow still hasn't run out milk Laughing the One Piece manga is gonna end before this anime at this rate. Money talks!
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:37 am Reply with quote
Sounds like they're trying to keep it going long enough to write more material and Segway into a boruto anime
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:43 am Reply with quote
While I'm not opposed for the producers of a given show expanding and elaborating further of the universe, showing the lead in his youth, again, for the umpteen time, loses its novelty after a while.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
While I'm not opposed for the producers of a given show expanding and elaborating further of the universe, showing the lead in his youth, again, for the umpteen time, loses its novelty after a while.

Exactly. It gets beyond tired at a certain point. I mean if you're going to do filler, and least make the filler different and semi interesting. Like the filler that depicted what Tsunade was dreaming about in the Infinite Tsukuyomi; it was a what if scenario where spoiler[Naruto's parents never died]. THAT was filler worth watching.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
At least, they will finish adapting the manga so I'll consider 479 to be the real final episode. After that, I can happily celebrate that I concluded [read:drop-out] the anime for good.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:42 am Reply with quote
SailorNaruto wrote:
Hey, I'm not complaining. The episode that's airing today covers the final chapter, chapter 700, which means the 15 year time skip to Naruto being Hokage. Since they've just about got covering the manga all wrapped up, they can show all the filler they want. Although I will say I'm disappointed. I wanted them to show things based around The Last time slot. Like Naruto and Hinata dating, their actual wedding (not just a pretty clip show), their married life, how Sasuke and Sakura got together, ect. But oh well.

No it isn't today's episode will cover some of chapter 699 at most.

Edit

My mistake it was all of chapter 699 so there it ends the story of Naruto 699 episodes all the stuff after this part can be ignored as the crap it is.

Last edited by Ushio on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3