• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiss Him, Not Me (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote

Kiss Him, Not Me (TV)

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: bishounen, fujoshi, high school, otaku, male harem

Plot Summary: Kae Serinuma was an overweight fujoshi until one of her favorite characters died and she lost the weight from the shock. When she returns to school, four attractive boys ask her out, but all Kae wants is to see them kiss each other.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 1 & 2

Couldn't seem to find a discussion thread for this title, so I made one. Way to fall down on the job, Stark700.

Anyhoo, after seeing two eppies, I have to say I am really enjoying the comedy. Seeing Kae's altar to Shion in episode 2 really cracked me up. Now there's an otaku for ya. I also like how she put her bizarre, curve ball kick to good use in that same episode. Out of the four lads (so far), who will win the heart of this former fatty fair maiden??? And will they lose interest if she packs back the pounds??? Stay tuned!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
Razz

I wasn't sure if I liked the series at first. However, the comedy is starting to get my attention after watching two episodes. Kae's pretty amusing to watch and each of the guys seems to have some trait that defines them individually.

Definitely fun comedy-shoujo show of the season so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for making this thread, Blood!

I was like "WHARE DO IT BE" D:

I knew this would be a show I was going to love and I was right. Anime hyper

Otaku heroine FTW.

*excited to watch ep 02*

[EDIT]

Oh man, the Shion shrine was gold. And Mutsumi's reaction was also. XDDD

Episode 03 looks fantastic.....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I don't know if it was just me, I watched the episode on my Xbox One with the Crunchyroll app, but the voices sounded really quiet so the music was really loud and occasionally a sound effect sounded much louder.

Yeah, I real like this otaku heroine, she is fun. Her reactions to finding out how much work practicing soccer would be, her strange ball kicking move, her excitement to go to events, her bedroom, and the shrine, it was all fun.

One guy is clearly above the others, but blonde guy did earn some points from what I think was getting into a fight over a sport anime. Kind of a dick move on her brother's side.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
blonde guy did earn some points from what I think was getting into a fight over a sport anime. Kind of a dick move on her brother's side.

Lol Nana's soooo tsundere Razz I'm not sure who my favorite boy is yet....(weird for me lol) Maybe Shinomiya because he's also tsun but smart and the youngest in the harem. :p

I agree, her brother is a total asshat.

What-you're going to try to sabotage your little sister's dating experiences BECAUSE WHY?
Loved how Mutsumi shot him down though. Anime hyper
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Senpai is the obvious choice. No contest at all.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Senpai is the obvious choice. No contest at all.

True that. Anime hyper

According to manga readers though, even MORE boys happen....so.....I dunno.

I doubt we'll get a sailed ship with just 12 eps. :/
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't the jerky guy always win shoujos? So Nana is the likeliest option.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Laughing
Yeah, this show is fun, I am having a good time. I did liked that she clearly took on too much, but it kind of restrained itself from getting too dramatic over her doing so, and she was able to get everything done with a little help, and it was worth it for her to put in the work. And kind of especially that we got some focus that she really was not okay with the overstimulation of their advances, and the guys knew that they had to cool it a bit. In a number of shoujos I see that the heroine gets kind of guilted into meeting the frustrated male characters' needs. There actually was some respect for the female lead, and even the fighting the boys did to look tough and or protect her was kind of not needed. If only there was like regular harems where the girls could be told that they are coming on a little strong for the poor boy and need to let him keep some space.

The episode was funny too, I never can get enough of Kae's lust, pretty much from it being such a rare thing in the genre, and in the male centred shows gets a bit silly. I guess it was silly, but a different kind I would say. Also, it was clear that Shinomiya would be more scared than her. And Attack on Titan. Cool
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'd say Shinomiya "won" that round, what with the inadvertant motorboating and all.

Poor Kae just ain't cut out to the object of desire of so many menz. Well, girl, there's a cure for that: start eating a ton.

Based on the preview, seems like there'll be a new dude in the mix. That should make the other guys REAL happy.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Ahahahaha those jokes were so funny. Anime hyper

I could seriously watch Nana and Shino fight over her ALL day; they're hilarious!!

Vaisaga wrote:
Doesn't the jerky guy always win shoujos? So Nana is the likeliest option.

Correction: jerks with hearts of gold :p

But.......more than the jerks with hearts of gold, it's always "boy who gets the most screentime/ first boy wins".

Just like normal harem patterns.

But......I'm not seeing an actual outcome here. o_o All of the guys have equal amounts of time.

Quote:
Based on the preview, seems like there'll be a new dude in the mix. That should make the other guys REAL happy.

I think that's a girl. o_o She's bathing with Kae in the onsen in the opening (and being fujo with her too)...and she's also sitting next to her in a girls' uniform and the end of the opening..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Quote:

I think that's a girl. o_o She's bathing with Kae in the onsen in the opening (and being fujo with her too)...and she's also sitting next to her in a girls' uniform and the end of the opening..

I had been thinking that it was a girl, and based on how she is presented I am fully expecting her to be part of the harem. A yuri option where she looks a bit like a princely pretty boy. The reverse gendered thing is done explicitly in regular harems which are also parodies, like If Her Flag Breaks and Haiyore Nyarko-san.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Dusk, that's definitely it. Anime hyper

She could be yuri for Kae....or maybe they're just good friends. If she's shown being fujo along with Kae though, maybe she is attracted to BOTH genders? Anime hyper

(I have known lesbian fangirls IRL that LOVE yaoi though....which I have a hard time figuring out lol)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
The two examples I gave do position the boy who looks like a girl character as a buddy to the hero, but also tend to be the most tempting to them against their orientation. I guess I could also Baka Test in there too, although I am also thinking of Nozaki-kun

Chiibi wrote:
(I have known lesbian fangirls IRL that LOVE yaoi though....which I have a hard time figuring out lol)

Oh, like Suruga Kanbaru? It was an interesting line of character traits that made me like her more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4