• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 2 Trailer Previews New Worlds, Allies, Enemies

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Yes finally season 2! I can't wait to see it I love this show.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Calling it: Black is a sleeper agent.

The first half was pretty good, I look forward to seeing the new episodes.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:38 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Calling it: Black is a sleeper agent.

The first half was pretty good, I look forward to seeing the new episodes.

Meh I don't think so. It would come out of nowhere and you would wonder why it was never brought up before. Like why did they never think to activate it then. I think if it has anything to do with Shiro it is his robotic arm. He was given the arm by Zarkon's empire while he was in captivity. So they might be able to track it through something in the arm. It could be the old cliche of he is unknowingly a traitor but again it would feel like something they would have done before this point.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey, a new ally in armor. Romelle? This universes version of Lotor?

Also the trailer needs more giant robot fights. Why the hell does the giant robot show have so few giant robot fights? I need to watch Kuromukuro again for my fix.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Hey, a new ally in armor. Romelle? This universes version of Lotor?

Also the trailer needs more giant robot fights. Why the hell does the giant robot show have so few giant robot fights? I need to watch Kuromukuro again for my fix.

Because they were going for more then the monster of the week aspect the original was. I applaud it because it showed the characters were more resourceful and just as able outside the lions as in the lions. While yes I also want to see more Voltron in the second season at 2-3 more giant monster fights but I also don't want every episode to end with a giant monster and them forming Voltron to defeat it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Nice!
kpk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote
So since it's from the creators of Avatar; Who's gonna turn out to be gay? I bet on Shiro.
Sume Gai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote
King Zarkon is no longer playing Neil Kaplan? I know being an evil overlord is time consuming but that performance made the show.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-11/netflix-dreamworks-voltron-reimagining-full-trailer-streamed/.101993 <-- for those who don't get the joke...
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
So since it's from the creators of Avatar; Who's gonna turn out to be gay? I bet on Shiro.

Not the creators, just the staff, so there's hopefully that doesn't happen. One of the characters in the trailer looks like a girl (new love interest for Keith?) but who can tell?
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I am so ready for it to be back. My friends and I have already started dissecting the trailer and throwing out theories. I'll have to watch it down at school, but eh. I'll try to binge it on a weekend.

Beatdigga wrote:
kpk wrote:

Not the creators, just the staff, so there's hopefully that doesn't happen.

Why would it matter if Shiro or anyone was gay? It would literally not tarnish the show in anyway.
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:

Bryke have nothing to do with this show, thank God.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Not the creators, just the staff, so there's hopefully that doesn't happen. [/quote]

Why would it matter if Shiro or anyone was gay? It would literally not tarnish the show in anyway.[/quote]

Not that wouldn't be the problem, as long it doesn't come out of nowhere like it did with Korra at the last sec of the series, leaving everyone with a wtf? Pretty much ruined Korra as a whole because that's what all everyone all talks about. Not sure what the writers were thinking.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
*blinks*

*wipes dirt from eyes*

....was Keith in the command center with only a towel on?? (0_o)
I'm not.... complaing but wouldn't he get cold?

Anyway, I'm twice as hyped for season 2. Hope Pidge can find their family and more answers on Shiro's arm.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Pretty much ruined Korra as a whole because that's what all everyone all talks about. Not sure what the writers were thinking.

You just said the reason. It's all anyone remembers Korra for. Rather than go out forgotten and irrelevent, they brilliantly pulled out Korra suddenly being gay and brag on social media how groundbreaking and revolutionary they are, and it will go down in the history books, or something...
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:18 pm Reply with quote
So is this show any good? I tend to be fairly disinterested in the 'western cartoon trying to be anime' type show (and I hated Avatar), so I'm kinda reluctant on this one, but at the same time I don't want to just instantly write it off without giving it a chance. Should I check it out?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2