• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory TV Anime Reveals Full Title

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:15 am Reply with quote
So that's the full title...interesting.

I hope to see a PV soon. Still got high expectations for this show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Marzan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
Is this for real? A continuation of the previous Full Metal Panic series based on the novels? With the same MC's (Kaname and Soususke)?
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
So question is where are they going with this..
The FMA series gets pretty dark.. and if its continuing TSR and hopefully the manga continuity.. this could be really, really good.
eely225

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 am Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
So question is where are they going with this..
The FMA series gets pretty dark.. and if its continuing TSR and hopefully the manga continuity.. this could be really, really good.

Well luckily the tone of Fullmetal Alchemist shouldn't affect this production Wink

Really though, who's to say? Oh, the people who've read the sixth novel already? Well yes I suppose they'd know. I imagine the novel's synopsis is just a Google away, though I prefer to be surprised.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
eely225 wrote:
Well luckily the tone of Fullmetal Alchemist shouldn't affect this production Wink

Really though, who's to say? Oh, the people who've read the sixth novel already? Well yes I suppose they'd know. I imagine the novel's synopsis is just a Google away, though I prefer to be surprised.

lol damn auto correct.

Unfortunately FMP and FMA are on completely different leagues IMO.. FMP I'm interested in.. FMA... nope!
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
Now that is one cool title! With the light novels finally done, hopefully we will see the entire series finally being adapted and that we will finally get the ending that fans have been waiting more than a decade for.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Judging by the crew that they have this should be a really good show and a worthy addition to the FMP franchise.
I look forward to seeing this here on disc in a year or two.

Fumoffu is really more to my taste than The Second Raid, but still I really did enjoy TSR and have watched it at least three times. I hope that this new series is at least as good.

I also hope that this generates enough interest for a US publisher to rescue the novels and publish those that Tokyopop did not get to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:10 pm Reply with quote
eely225 wrote:

It seems like they're skipping over the sixth novel and doing a drama cd for it instead so you might eventually want to google it or listen to the drama cd.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
It will be nice to have more FMP, I hope Sentai pick it up as that is the best chance of getting the original VAs back. The staff look good, but I'm worried about the CG Director, i hope it is just for the ship like before, even Put a Ton of CG into Everything Gozno key animated the Mechs. And that concept art looks nice, so I hope the show looks like that.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quote
More Full Metal Panic is always welcome in my book! Very Happy Hopefully Crunchyroll and Funimation picks this up since Funi got the other 3 seasons.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
F**k yes. Never thought we'd get a new season for this.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
It will be nice to have more FMP, I hope Sentai pick it up as that is the best chance of getting the original VAs back. The staff look good, but I'm worried about the CG Director, i hope it is just for the ship like before, even Put a Ton of CG into Everything Gozno key animated the Mechs. And that concept art looks nice, so I hope the show looks like that.
we'd still get the original cast regrdless as Funimation always had the second raid unlike the first two seasons which were ADV license rescues, and they pretty much used sentai/ADV's recording studio as apposed to Funimation's
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I wish we'd at least get a condensed DVMC as an OVA or something.
myamine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quote
Finally more info. Its going to be great.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:57 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
It will be nice to have more FMP, I hope Sentai pick it up as that is the best chance of getting the original VAs back.
we'd still get the original cast regrdless as Funimation always had the second raid unlike the first two seasons which were ADV license rescues, and they pretty much used sentai/ADV's recording studio as apposed to Funimation's
Oh that is good, I always thought ADV had dubbed Second Raid, so we would get the cast back through using Sentais studios? I always worry whenever Funimation get the license to a sequel series or film, since they usually recast, Nearly all the cast for Trigun and all the cast for Last Exile, Ghost in the Shell(though that maybe because it is a different incarnation) and Escaflowne.I hadn't thought of them using a different studio like they did with Roberta's Blood Trail.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2