• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sakuya Amano's Konohana Kitan Manga Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
Excellent! more Yuri Anime is always welcome. (I just hope that this one is a full series and not just a clip) Smile
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
Oh wow. >Kase-san's """"""anime"""""" clip is disappointing but thankfully a yuri anime has been announced just a few days later. Guess this is really the golden age of yuri anime.
NormanS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
I remember reading a scanlation of this manga. Its pretty simple but i love the character designs of the manga. I hope the adaptation will be great.
#Hgeronimo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:38 am Reply with quote
Wait, this is Yuri? the article or story didn't mention that. Surprised
But i'm in. hell yes. Wink
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:07 am Reply with quote
#Hgeronimo wrote:
Wait, this is Yuri? the article or story didn't mention that. Surprised
But i'm in. hell yes. Wink

Yeah, I didn't see that, but I'm all for it baby!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
Oh wow. From the series butchering in the original magazine and hardships (before the relaunch author met with the other publishers - but they agreed to publish this manga only if the author add a male protagonist to the story, changing the audience from yuri to harem manga - and she didn't agreed with that kind of change, so only Comic Birz accepted the story as it is) to the animation series.
Yurious Bystander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Oh wow. From the series butchering in the original magazine and hardships (before the relaunch author met with the other publishers - but they agreed to publish this manga only if the author add a male protagonist to the story, changing the audience from yuri to harem manga - and she didn't agreed with that kind of change, so only Comic Birz accepted the story as it is) to the animation series.

Harem? That's fucked up. Good thing the author didn't give in to their demands and now we can enjoy the sweet, sweet yuri.
Tsuruhami

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
Yurious Bystander wrote:
WANNFH wrote:

Harem? That's fucked up. Good thing the author didn't give in to their demands and now we can enjoy the sweet, sweet yuri.

I don't mind male character in yuri manga as long as they stay friends or better - the gay best friend. Their Story by Tan Jiu is doing a good job portraying male-female friendship AND canon lesbian relationship.
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm definitely going to be watching this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1