• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Seven Mortal Sins Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
The director of Queen's Blade season 1 and Plastic Little, joining forces with the series composer of Isuca, Rail Wars, Kanokon, and Shuffle.

Yeah, I think we know what we can expect from this series: lots and lots of boobs.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Now if Funimation picks up this show for home video release than I'll one happy camper. I doubt that they will simudub it though because of what happened with DxD. Confused
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:34 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
The director of Queen's Blade season 1 and Plastic Little, joining forces with the series composer of Isuca, Rail Wars, Kanokon, and Shuffle.

Yeah, I think we know what we can expect from this series: lots and lots of boobs.

I mean we can kind of expect that from the poster, I'm excited for it because I'm going to sit back and enjoy it for it what it is, straight up pure fanservice.
Robiii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh this is gonna be so damn censored
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
Oh this is gonna be so damn censored

Not necessarily. It's possible they got the uncut version. Like how they streamed "My Wife is the Student Council President". That was uncut. Not holding my breath, but it's possible.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:15 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Now if Funimation picks up this show for home video release than I'll one happy camper. I doubt that they will simudub it though because of what happened with DxD. Confused

that is if they even license it. considering that bikini warriors and valkyrie drive mermaid didn't received much likability unlike queens blade and dxd, its highly unlikely that funi will license the series. and even if they do, its more likely their gonna do an OniAi and give it the sub only treatment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
AnimeLordLuis wrote:

that is if they even license it. considering that bikini warriors and valkyrie drive mermaid didn't received much likability unlike queens blade and dxd, its highly unlikely that funi will license the series. and even if they do, its more likely their gonna do an OniAi and give it the sub only treatment.

Its very rare for a title that funimation gets its hands on to be a sub only release
John Thacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:41 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

that is if they even license it. considering that bikini warriors and valkyrie drive mermaid didn't received much likability

They dubbed and released Bikini Warriors on BluRay so I don't understand your point here. It's true that they didn't wait to include the extra OVAs and OVA versions of the episodes from the Japanese home video release, and they charged a price a bit too high for me to buy it (based on recouping BD authoring costs). I don't see how that is evidence that they wouldn't dub or release this show, though. If anything, the Bikini Warriors treatment argues in favor of dubbing and home video release of this.
lazydude500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 am Reply with quote
Guess they were wise enough to retitle it so uninformed fans wouldn't confuse it for the Kodansha shonen series.

I wouldn't be opposed to Funimation licensing this (if it lives up to the hype) but I certainly don't want a simuldub. History has shown that simuldubs for ecchi are huge disappointments vs the mostly solid track record of home video (better casting, scheduling, etc)
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
lazydude500 wrote:
Guess they were wise enough to retitle it so uninformed fans wouldn't confuse it for the Kodansha shonen series.

)

It's definitely a good idea to change the title. Any articles I saw about this show would say something like, "not to be confused with The Seven Deadly Sins."
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
lazydude500 wrote:

)

It's definitely a good idea to change the title. Any articles I saw about this show would say something like, "not to be confused with The Seven Deadly Sins."

I'm curious who ultimately made that decision. But yeah, good on them. It was becoming a problem. It doesn't help that at least one character looks like they could easily be in either show.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
Damn it. They changed the title.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
Animepokegirl89, I think a reason why CR got both "My Wife is the Student Council President" seasons in cut/uncut was because the episodes were 8-min. long and thus licensing costs were not as high.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1