• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime, Hausu, Kurosawa, and Ozu in L.A. for May and June (Update)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:29 am Reply with quote
So lessee. Friday at midnight, you can catch that 70's Japanese horror comedy at the Nuart. Also scheduled for the next two months there are midnight screenings of that '95 Power Rangers movie, Akira, and Kiki. Next, The Seven Samurai will play at the Egyptian on May 26, while Ozu's Tokyo Chorus will play at the Cinefamily this Saturday afternoon.

Just noticed the following event at the Cinefamily on June 2:

Quote:
Vintage Anime Mixtape
6/2 - 10:30PM
$12/free for members

The youngest ABD programmer – Xavier the Spaniard – loves good ole anime, especially from the 70s and 80s. His lifelong dedication to the genre has crystallized in this Vintage Anime Mixtape: a love letter to Japanese animation. We’re talking about masters like Osamu Tezuka, Katsuhiro Otomo, and Rintaro – but also about Miyazaki’s first TV incursions, or macho Philip K. Dickian masterpieces like Space Adventure Cobra. Maybe you’ve heard of the Robocat from Doraemon… but have never seen an episode?

Come join us for a late night party of epic limited animation, dramatic showdowns, giant robots, absurdist comedy, and occasional psychedelia!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1