• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san Manga Gets TV Anime in 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swissman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:33 am Reply with quote
Yes, finally! I was just waiting for this announcement to happen!

Karakai jouzu Takagi-san is the funniest teenage romcom manga I've been reading these past few years. I'm looking forward to this anime adaption.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:41 am Reply with quote
Nice, this is a really cute manga imo, definitely look forward to seeing it with animated. Although considering the chapters are kinda episodic i can only see it being one of those 3-5 minute shows. Hopefully it'll gain enough traction for it to get the manga licensed cause i really would love to collect it.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:49 am Reply with quote
YES! YES! And one more time: YES!
I've been wanting this for ages. Thank you.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:56 am Reply with quote
Oh my. I think it's a bit too early.

But then again, it's been 4 years since this series debuted. I wonder how they'll handle the story. Confused
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:49 am Reply with quote
About time. I can't wait to see this especially as I love the humor of the manga a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AmpedForAnime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:44 am Reply with quote
Real question is how many episodes and if they'll adapt the spoiler[time-skip] chapter.
Del Rey Amontillado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
Sounds a hell lot like Masamune-kun, but tamer. I'll wait for the PV to see if its for me.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy! I've been reading this manga and it's been cute as all hell, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Anime in the near future is looking pretty good right now with something for everybody and I really like that.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping that it's getting an Anime adaptation someone will license the Manga for English Language release in the future. I could see being made into a series of 7 to 10 minute shorts like Galko-Chan still good news.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:10 am Reply with quote
Del Rey Amontillado wrote:
Sounds a hell lot like Masamune-kun, but tamer. I'll wait for the PV to see if its for me.

Would it not be funny if this show got a simuldub with Josh Grelle and Morgan Laure Garrett as these lead characters?
AmpedForAnime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Would it not be funny if this show got a simuldub with Josh Grelle and Morgan Laure Garrett as these lead characters?

I always thought Laura Bailey would be a good fit for Takagi. But chances of that are extremely slim seeing as she's doing much more video game voice work than anime. I could see either Alexis Tipton or Felicia Angelle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1