• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hideaki Anno Unveiled 'Project Studio Q' to Train Kyushu Animators

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Why CG, why not traditional animation like Young Animator Training Project does.
SENPAI--

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Why CG, why not traditional animation like Young Animator Training Project does.
Because Anno believes CG anime is the future and he kinda has a point but god I hope he's wrong.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
SENPAI-- wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Because Anno believes CG anime is the future and he kinda has a point but god I hope he's wrong.
Unless Anime gets a bigger budget and the general populace of the country become more tech savvy, I can not see that happening.

Anyhow I've never heard Anno being interested in CG, he himself is a 2D animator. And a lot of the other people from Gainax seem pretty old fashioned when it comes to animation production.
Titania

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Y'all mangled the heck out of my mayor's name. Should be Souichirou Takashima (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sōichirō_Takashima). Anime smile
Distant Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
SENPAI-- wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Unless Anime gets a bigger budget and the general populace of the country become more tech savvy, I can not see that happening.

Anyhow I've never heard Anno being interested in CG, he himself is a 2D animator. And a lot of the other people from Gainax seem pretty old fashioned when it comes to animation production.

Hmm, you haven't watched the latest Evangelion theatrical releases have you?

Or better yet if you watched them and didn't realise the heavy CG involved, it shows how good CG can seamlessly pass for Digital animation.
0nsen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
As long as CG is unnoticeable it's fine. Otherwise CG is bad, very bad.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Distant Thunder wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
SENPAI-- wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Hmm, you haven't watched the latest Evangelion theatrical releases have you?

Or better yet if you watched them and didn't realise the heavy CG involved, it shows how good CG can seamlessly pass for Digital animation.
I've seen them, and I've noticed the CG. However I wouldn't call it heavy; characters, most backgrounds and mech are key-framed.

Research is your friend: http://imgur.com/Hy9Whgv
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1