• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria's English Dub Kickstarter Reaches Goal to Dub Entire Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
We can still make it to $400K+ by Monday by helping spread the word. That way RightStuf/Nozomi gets a bigger profit.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:31 am Reply with quote
I just can't imagine why any sane person would pay to dub over such a perfect cast

People REALLY want to pay to NOT listen to Chiwa Saito? Pure insanity
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote
Adding the art book made for a huge boost. At this rate I expect it to pass 400k.

MarthKoopa wrote:
I just can't imagine why any sane person would pay to dub over such a perfect cast

I'm going to assume this isn't serious because the logic is too ridiculous.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:12 am Reply with quote
Was wondering if they'd make it! That's really impressive. A lot of my friends have pledged, so they'll be very excited.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:14 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Because its not just the dub you are getting. Its also a bluray release.
Master Luc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:26 am Reply with quote
It would be awesome if they used the NYAV cast.. I don't know if it is expensive more than headline!?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:37 am Reply with quote
I read the dub cast before reading where it was being recorded, knew at a glance it was New York. I suppose there aren't many voice actors in New York as opposed to LA or Texas.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:12 am Reply with quote
I am curious what the "Team Nozomi" pledge would get. I'm really not into Aria personally (tends to make me want to fall asleep), but I am certainly glad to see this is doing well! I would expect Nozomi to do more in the future, based on this one already. But I am glad they have a tier for people who want to support them, but not necessarily that product. But man would I love to get Rose of Versailles dubbed on blu ray, or Space Adventure Cobra or Dirty Pair! I'm into the 80s stuff....
Levonr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:26 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

We've been watching the show in Japanese for years, I want to finally watch it in English as well. Its not a replacement, the Japanese is still there.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 am Reply with quote
The success of this Kickstarter is fantastic, and I hope it leads to similar ones in the future.

(Come on, Funimation, either let go of The Tatami Galaxy or do something like this...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
curtisd88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:38 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Why do you have a problem with people wanting to watch this in English? They don't have to like the same things as you. You will still get your Japanese subs. Don't worry about what others want.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:01 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news and while the show is more than a bit optimistic that is something that is nice to have at times.

MarthKoopa wrote:

Well there is something nice about watching a show without having to read all of the dialogue. Also you can select the subtitles if that is what you prefer and one of the stretch goals was to add an additional subtitle color to the production.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I am curious what the "Team Nozomi" pledge would get. I'm really not into Aria personally (tends to make me want to fall asleep), but I am certainly glad to see this is doing well! I would expect Nozomi to do more in the future, based on this one already. But I am glad they have a tier for people who want to support them, but not necessarily that product. But man would I love to get Rose of Versailles dubbed on blu ray, or Space Adventure Cobra or Dirty Pair! I'm into the 80s stuff....

Lisa Ortiz and Jessica Calvello as Kei and Yuri? I could get behind that...

But I'd rather see Nozomi go back to the Sato well a few more times, like Tamayura or Sketchbook. This could either be a situation like NISA dubbing shows as a last hurrah or this could become regular thing. Depends if they want to stay with what they got or if they will branch out to shows that fell into the pit of lost licenses.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

I love Chiwa Saito. She is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite voice personality ever.

But damn it, I want a Blu-ray release of this series, in English, and Avvenire to boot. I will always have Nozomi's old DVD box set releases, so I'm not missing out on anything.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 am Reply with quote
This is FANTASTIC! Once I get paid on Friday, I'm gonna pledge my support.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4