• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bisco Hatori contact

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Ouran highschool host club was the first manga I ever read and the first anime I ever watched. It's always been my favourite. After that I branched off to reading another one of her works millennium snow.
I've been wanted to send her some fan mail. Not to be creepy or stalker-ish. I would just love to tell her how much I loved her work. I have a few questions about the series as well. It's possible she doesn't speak English, but I'm hoping for the possibility she does or she has an agent/manager who does.
I know the name she uses is a pen name, I haven't been able to find her real name. I thought it would be easier to find an email of hers or something. But so far nothing. I'm thinking of trying to send her something through the publishing company, but I wasn't sure if it would work.
Does any one know anything? Or have any ideas?
horseradish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Hello!

I think Japanese fans send things to her publishers. I recall some years ago Funimation did an event where they received Hetalia fan mail and packages from all over the world, then sent them in a big bundle to the creator. Perhaps contact a local publisher of her work in your country and see if they can help you with correspondence or sending a gift.

Viz Media is the U.S. publisher for her works so far. According to the Viz Media FAQ:
Quote:
How can I get in touch with a manga creator?
You can send fan letters to our office, and we’ll do our best to forward them along to the manga creator. Please send all mail here:

VIZ Media, LLC
P.O. Box 77010
San Francisco, CA 94107

She seems to have a twitter account, but it appears to be for official promotions. I don't know if she'd respond even to a Japanese tweet...

Hope this helps you! Anime catgrin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1