• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 25-Sai no Joshi Kōsei Romance Manga About 'Fake' High School Girl Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akamarulover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
eww, the premise sounds creepy. I hope the romance elements stays strictly between her and the same-age teacher. Otherwise this series sounds really gross Crying or Very sad
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 am Reply with quote
This medium has broken me. The title made me assume that the high school girl was a cross-dressing high school boy.
Robiii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:52 am Reply with quote
Its a hentai! Yet another one of those that go for 5 minutes per ep and air on TV. Cool
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
-Has different VA for the two versions.
-Short duration.
-"Picante Circus" sounds like one of those companies.

Yeah. H-anime, but a Josei once again it seems.
Richmyster84

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:22 am Reply with quote
Makes me think of that Drew Barrymore movie 'Never Been Kissed'
Kalessin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
In general, I find it hard to believe that a 25 year old woman could pull off masquerading as a high school student - especially if she's not trying to pass as a senior. But American TV seems to love to try and pass off 20-somethings as high school students all the time. Neutral Maybe it'll be good, but if it's borderline hentai, then it could easily be pretty iffy. It seems to me that most of the time, a series would be better off either becoming less sexual or going all the way. Being in between tends to make things unsatisfying all around, though sometimes it works.

The fact that they have different VAs for the two versions is really weird though - especially since there have been plenty of really racy series that have used normal VAs. So, the idea that the VAs aren't doing both versions because of how much racier the the "complete" version seems a bit odd. Maybe that means that they're being explicit enough that it's actually going to be outright hentai with mosaics and the whole bit. This is a pretty unique move though either way. There have been plenty of cases where the Blu-ray versions of a racy show have been even racier, but I don't recall a case where any such show became outright hentai or where they switched VAs.
Nate148

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
the other va's could just be pseudonyms for the main cast
Kalessin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
Nate148 wrote:
the other va's could just be pseudonyms for the main cast

That would make sense though it would be so obvious to anyone watching that if they're doing something like that, it would clearly be for something like union rules or talent agency rules or something like that and not because they were actually trying to hide their names.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
In general, I find it hard to believe that a 25 year old woman could pull off masquerading as a high school student - especially if she's not trying to pass as a senior. ...

Google Xià Dá
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
falcon.punch wrote:
-Has different VA for the two versions.
-Short duration.
-"Picante Circus" sounds like one of those companies.

Yeah. H-anime, but a Josei once again it seems.
The Josei ecchi market does seem to be doing well recently and that she is secretly 25 was a good indication that it is aimed at that demographic. That they even have different VA for the explicit version does make it sound like this show might go all the way.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
So, the idea that the VAs aren't doing both versions because of how much racier the the "complete" version seems a bit odd. Maybe that means that they're being explicit enough that it's actually going to be outright hentai with mosaics and the whole bit. This is a pretty unique move though either way. There have been plenty of cases where the Blu-ray versions of a racy show have been even racier, but I don't recall a case where any such show became outright hentai or where they switched VAs.

Can confirm, as every show released under this format is 18+ for the complete edition. They’re all hentai, and they go all the way with mosaics. I’m not sure about physical releases, though - I have yet to hear about them.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting but will have to see how it plays out.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
In general, I find it hard to believe that a 25 year old woman could pull off masquerading as a high school student.

True story: When I worked as a custodian at an elementary/JH school, some of the staff there mistook me for a student. And I was 22 at the time. Laughing
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 pm Reply with quote
This gonna be another of those explicit anime with a cooky premise where sexual harassment and rape contribute toward romantic development? If so, I'll pass.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Friki del Mal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Yet another josei h-anime that will be blocked for distribution outside Japan.

Note: The fact that Comic AnimeFesta made available those anime overseas doesn't consider as "international distribution" since its in Japanese only and dedicated to Japanese people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2