• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Infini-T Force Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TymersRealm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:32 am Reply with quote
I'll agree with the reviewer's marks on Infini-T Force here.
This was one of the shows I was interested in for Fall '17. And overall, I felt it met my expectations While not quite 'forced', how our displaced heroes came together seemed to work well enough.
I especially enjoyed how Ken's character was played straight, culturally. The generational clash in worldview between Ken and Emi was definitely a positive element.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:59 am Reply with quote
Glad to hear that it's a good show, because I was interested in checking it out. I must say, though, that the anime sounds to be the complete opposite in terms of tone than the manga version that Udon is putting out, as I read Volume 1. In that version, Emi isn't the least bit suicidal, but instead of rather happy-go-lucky, if a little klutzy in her obsession with tinkering with stuff. Also, the Tatsunoko heroes aren't introduced all together, but instead each chapter of the 1st volume introduces them one at a time. Finally, the heroes actually don't all get along, especially Polymar & Ken the Eagle, who have differing ideas as to how to deal with "evil". The preview for Volume 2 indicates that Polymar will become a bit of a dark vigilante, punishing criminals for their actions, rather than simply apprehending them.

Really, all I'm saying is that I appreciate how each version of Infini-T Force, anime & manga, is very tonally different from the other, so it looks like it's definitely worth checking both out.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
^Yes, they're totally different! I like aspects of each - for example, I prefer the manga's Tetsuya and Emi - but I overall appreciate how they both take the same concept and create a totally different story. If you like the concept but can't deal with anime Emi (as I remember some people saying in the preview guide), the manga might be the better version to check out. (Even if so far it doesn't have Friender. Boo.)

TymersRealm, I have to admit that my sister and I called Ken "70s Man" for most of the show for just that gap. Laughing
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm missing something, because I thought this show was terrible. It felt like a generic fujo harem with Tatsunoko characters slapped on. That's not even to to speak of the awful cg. I know we've been spoiled by Land of the Lustrous, but this literally felt like watching PlayStation cutscenes. Granted I still haven't watched the last two episodes, but I doubt that much will change.
Sabrestrike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
Where is this streaming on? I'm an old school Tekkaman fan and I didn't realize this had already come out.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:05 am Reply with quote
Viz is streaming it on their site, and you can also watch it on Tubi, which is where I saw it.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:20 am Reply with quote
As I mentioned before, Nelvana is working on the Battle of the Planets reboot. Will you please check it out?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1