• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sōkyū no Fafner The Beyond Anime Project's 4-Minute Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quote
OMG! What an amazing trailer. angela with another great song for the series. Maya is so fine. Come on Kazuki. Don't let her go. The time skip will take some getting used to.

Tow is back as expected.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote
*crying tears of joy*
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting on somebody to pick up Exodus and Right of Left. Fafner's never been popular in the West sadly despite Exodus being borderline amazing and probably one of the best mecha shows these past few years but it requires a ton of investment to get the most out of it (Original show, Right of Left, Heaven and Earth as well as the audio dramas)
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:07 pm Reply with quote
You know what this looks like? It seems that the XEBEC studio has decided to invest in 3D robot animations to compensate for the damage it has caused to I.G Port. Because after Clock Work Planet, I really think the studio has to do everything in its power to recover from the loss.

The 2D of the XEBEC studio is practically non-existent! I have nothing against 3D robots with 2D designer, but it seems that it is turning a trend in XEBEC studio in view of the damages that the studio has given.
Nate148

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quote
this show's been cg sense 2010
Gamlin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:42 am Reply with quote
Two words: THEATRICAL.FILM

But how will they balance this film alongside FMPIV?
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I think Exodus was good, but kinda hard to get into.

I'm curious though. Ever since that Psycho-Pass 2 fiasco, I've started to have doubts whenever Tow is writing something. I wonder why Xebec won't just make a soft reboot of the franchise.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
I think Exodus was good, but kinda hard to get into.

I'm curious though. Ever since that Psycho-Pass 2 fiasco, I've started to have doubts whenever Tow is writing something. I wonder why Xebec won't just make a soft reboot of the franchise.

Because there's no real reason to. The strongest aspect of Fafner has always been the fact thats its a constant narrative. While it makes it harder to get into, it doesn't have the issues some other IPs have.
rabrek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
I'm still waiting on somebody to pick up Exodus and Right of Left.

Right of Left... that ending sticks with me over a decade later. Never say never - I'd given up on seeing a US release of the Mononoke series (anime#7890) but it was issued complete with the two episodes from the Ayakashi anthology. Perhaps we'll see Right of Left bundled somewhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1