• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Latest 'Pretty' Anime, Kiratto Pri Chan, Centers on Streaming Idols

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 pm Reply with quote
So Pri Chan is part of Pretty Rhythm?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 pm Reply with quote
1. It looks like a step down from Pripara, the characters already seem boring in comparason, Pripara just beats it all of the way. Also, net idol? I'm getting flashbacks of that crapshoot Idol Memories, although I doubt there will be any torture and suffering in it, so at least that's fine.

2. Why air this while the more superior Idol Time Pripara is still airing?
tootbrush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:33 am Reply with quote
Hiroshi Ikehata + the rest of the Akiba's Trip team? Might be fun. Heck, might be crazier than PriPara.

Hoppy800 wrote:
2. Why air this while the more superior Idol Time Pripara is still airing?

Probably because Idol Time wasn't as successful of a refresh as they expected it to be. These shows live and die based on how well the arcade game and merchandise do.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I saw the announcement on Twitter earlier today. I like the designs, but it does seem very. . . typical? Having Laala have the purple/lavender hair was surprisingly refreshing. Felt nostalgic in a Creamy Mami kind of way, and stands out since pink is always so common. This just kind of falls in line, but they're cute. Personalities sound like they could be fun.

I'm surprised by the team behind it though. They just feel like weird choices when put together, but I guess we'll see how the anime and merch goes. The upload/stream element for the real girls is cute though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1