• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation Outline Home Video Releases for elDLIVE, Tsukigarei, Tsugumomo, Clockw

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:54 am Reply with quote
I'll most likely import Tsugumomo since it's content almost certainly means it won't see a blu-ray release in the UK.

Last edited by Escaflowne2001 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
John Thacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:35 am Reply with quote
Didn't Crunchyroll claim to have home video rights to Re:Zero and Rakugo Shinju? Those are the two that I would really like. I have other shows I like that I am not too surprised haven't had news, but I thought that those two were popular enough to get a release soon.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:47 am Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
Didn't Crunchyroll claim to have home video rights to Re:Zero and Rakugo Shinju? Those are the two that I would really like. I have other shows I like that I am not too surprised haven't had news, but I thought that those two were popular enough to get a release soon.
Maybe they are still in the process of planning a dub, well at least for Re:Zero. Some of these seem to take awhile, Viz announced the dub for Osomatsu last summer and still haven't heard anything from that yet.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:41 am Reply with quote
No Limited Editions this time around, hmmm... I wonder if they're cutting down on the number of series with that choice. Last one I see announced was My Hero Academia Season 2.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:48 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
No Limited Editions this time around, hmmm... I wonder if they're cutting down on the number of series with that choice. Last one I see announced was My Hero Academia Season 2.

Even more unusual is that none of the CR/Funi releases have commentaries. All actors' favorite subject, themselves, I mean, their work and there's nothing here. Hard to believe that they didn't have anything to say about Tsukigarei.

If they don't care anymore then I guess I don't either. I am curious to see if they ever finished the animation on that series but I'm not that curious.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
episode commentaries are what gets you to buy shows?
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Maybe they are still in the process of planning a dub, well at least for Re:Zero. Some of these seem to take awhile, Viz announced the dub for Osomatsu last summer and still haven't heard anything from that yet.

At least in the case of Re:Zero, the English dub is almost finished, though it doesn’t seem like Funimation did it, since the UK is getting a bluray release of the first half in June with an English dub. https://alltheanime.com/products/re-zero-part-1-blu-ray-ltd-collectors-ed?variant=1500089221128
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

At least in the case of Re:Zero, the English dub is almost finished, though it doesn’t seem like Funimation did it, since the UK is getting a bluray release of the first half in June with an English dub. https://alltheanime.com/products/re-zero-part-1-blu-ray-ltd-collectors-ed?variant=1500089221128
That's interesting, if they have a date for 4 months away, and no sign of a US release yet. Then it could be that AllTheAnime are producing the dub, they did for Your Name, Cyborg 009 and Mai Mai Miracle.In that case it will be from NYAV Post.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:41 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Dude, thanks so much for revealing to me that this will have a dub. My day (which is going to be excruciating) just got made.

As for what you say, meanwhile, Code Geass Akito the Exiled actually had a similar thing with Kaze UK, who announced a dub long before Funimation revealed they were doing the dub. So Funi could be doing the dub, they just haven't announced it.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to buy Tsukigakirei, but no limited edition means no buy from me. I have limited space, so I need more incentives to buy physical releases.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:

Yeah, and they also have KonoSuba. I don't know why they're taking so long to release them. I mean, come on, it's been two years since KonoSuba came out, and almost 2 years for Re:Zero!
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
That's interesting, if they have a date for 4 months away, and no sign of a US release yet. Then it could be that AllTheAnime are producing the dub, they did for Your Name, Cyborg 009 and Mai Mai Miracle.In that case it will be from NYAV Post.

I think Funimation may be producing the dub, since Anime Limited mentioned in a podcast that they were "waiting for the English dub to be scheduled in North America."
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
I'll most likely import Tsugumomo since it's content almost certainly mains it won't see a blu-ray release in the UK.

Anime Limited released Shimoneta in the UK and that series is raunchy and crude as ****. I'm sure it would get a release soon.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
njprogfan wrote:

Even more unusual is that none of the CR/Funi releases have commentaries. All actors' favorite subject, themselves, I mean, their work and there's nothing here. Hard to believe that they didn't have anything to say about Tsukigarei.

If they don't care anymore then I guess I don't either. I am curious to see if they ever finished the animation on that series but I'm not that curious.

Ace Attorney has commentary, on both sets.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:25 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:

It's possible, it feels like it a bit or that they've gotten a little more picky at least a little (surprised Dragon Maid isn't getting one as well), though Bungou Stray Dogs is also getting one too along with MHA S2 and they just had one for Keijo so it might also be that none of these 6 had enough impact for one.

Will pick up Ace Attorney set 2 and eIDLIVE.

Gemnist wrote:
As for what you say, meanwhile, Code Geass Akito the Exiled actually had a similar thing with Kaze UK, who announced a dub long before Funimation revealed they were doing the dub. So Funi could be doing the dub, they just haven't announced it.

Yeah, also a third possibility is that it may be similar to Kabaneri in that maybe the contract for dubbing Re: Zero was made just before the Funi/CR deal so it might be Funi coordinating with an outside studio for it like Studiopolis like they did for that show and also the upcoming Bungou Stray Dogs dub that recently got a release date after a relatively longer period of silence, which would be similar to Re: Zero's period of silence.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2