• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Laid-Back Camp Went Location Scouting, Winter Camping

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulo27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
But did they burn a forest down?

Also wondering if the A Place Further than the Universe's staff did the same for their show.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised to see Laid Back Camp getting this much attention. It's my favorite non-sequel show of the winter 2018 season so it makes me very happy a lot of fans love it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Yurucamp is currently the second best performing of the season on Amazon and will likely be the second or third highest selling show of the season. Its success is quite a surprise since it's coming from a pretty low-renown studio and is one of the lesser Kirara manga serializations, Forward, who prior to Yurucamp biggest success was Hanayamata which wasn't particularly successful.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Do you know how to check details about shows that would received the best amount of sales properly? I know that you've mentioned Amazon but I'm not sure where to look over there. Also, I'm curious about what might be the potential best selling show of this season. Pop Team Epic? That one already got sales data going over at the weekly blu ray ranking.

Speaking of Hanayamata, it sure does look like a potentially successful show back then in terms of sales but I remembered reading somewhere saying that people didn't like how it was a foreigner that tries meddling with that yosakoi dance aspect since it was especially traditional. Not sure where I had read it as it's been a few years.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 pm Reply with quote
That's really cool. I wonder if the scouting and camping footage are included as extras on the BDs.
flammie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
MagnAvalon translated the interview into English on their site.

Afezeria wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Do you know how to check details about shows that would received the best amount of sales properly? I know that you've mentioned Amazon but I'm not sure where to look over there. Also, I'm curious about what might be the potential best selling show of this season. Pop Team Epic? That one already got sales data going over at the weekly blu ray ranking.

Someanithing has been tracking estimates and sales data for a long time. Idolish 7 will easily be on top this season based on their estimates.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 pm Reply with quote
flammie wrote:
All right, thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1