• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yotsuba&! Manga Gets 1st New Volume in 29 Months

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiratori-san

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:15 am Reply with quote
Wonder when it will finish. I've been really wanting to read this, but I'm not too fond of reading on-going series. I like to have all the volumes before starting.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:03 am Reply with quote
Shiratori-san wrote:
Wonder when it will finish. I've been really wanting to read this, but I'm not too fond of reading on-going series. I like to have all the volumes before starting.
Seeing that illustration for volume 13 does make you want to jump right in though, doesn't it?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:36 am Reply with quote
Yotsuba is currently one of my favorite manga right now. I would have loved this get an anime adaptation (KyoAni would be the perfect studio), but too bad the author thinks it wouldn't work in that format.

I can see that since Yotsuba doesn't really have any ongoing plot, but I think it would work really well as a series of shorts.
teferi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote
Shiratori-san wrote:

That's like not reading Peanuts in the Sunday morning paper because you're waiting for it to finish. When it Yotsubtao! finally does finish there isn't going to be any sort of conclusion like you'd get in a more plot driven story so it's kind of pointless to wait.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am Reply with quote
About time. I wonder how long it will take Yen Press to issue here.

As to its end, I'd say the perfect sendoff would be her first day of (any sort of) school. Goodbye wide-eyed freedom, hello structured responsibility.
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:51 am Reply with quote
I'm constantly worrying that we'll never get anymore Yotsuba&!, so this is good news.
Ouran High School Dropout wrote:
As to its end, I'd say the perfect sendoff would be her first day of (any sort of) school. Goodbye wide-eyed freedom, hello structured responsibility.
That's exactly what I expect the "ending" to be. It fits so well.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Man I was wondering what the hold up was.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori-san wrote:

It's your choice, of course, but I don't think Yotsuba has any particular end point in mind. All the volumes so far has been a series of standalone stories and none of the volumes so far has used any kind of cliffhanger ending, so you can safely just read what's been released so far, and if nothing else is released... well, it'll be sad, of course, but it's not going to ruin anything either.

Not like that last volume of Vampire Hunter D, which was the first volume that lasted longer than that, but... no new releases -- or even HINTS about it -- since then. Gnargh!
anddo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Yotsuba is currently one of my favorite manga right now. I would have loved this get an anime adaptation (KyoAni would be the perfect studio), but too bad the author thinks it wouldn't work in that format.

I can see that since Yotsuba doesn't really have any ongoing plot, but I think it would work really well as a series of shorts.

Yotsuba not getting an anime is a long-kept tradition in manga history. The previous record holder for that was JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Individual chapters are still published in a magazine, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1