• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 New Manga Launch in Shonen Jump in March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flip555

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:54 pm Reply with quote
With three series gone and a fourth about to end, I gotta say that I'm super excited on what these three will be like overall. Anyone read Bozebeats and Act-Age yet? How are they if you have? Still hoping Tite Kubo is gonna release his one-shot/hopeful series soon too!
Calico

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:36 pm Reply with quote
^ You can read the first three chapters of both Act-Age and Bozebeats in Viz's free section here. I liked Bozebeats more than Act-age, but I didn't think either of them were really standouts.

Anyway, I hope at least one of these new series is good enough to stick around.
Big Bad Armadillo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 am Reply with quote
Honestly I'm just not really feeling anything that's been coming out lately. I think Golem Hearts was promising when it started, it almost had a Nanatsu no Taizai feel to the art style and that was exciting. But that rushed ending, oh boy~

Shonen Jump needs more actual standout series. I think a lot of the problem is not too many people are up to the challenge of a weekly series. Good series are truly a gem to find these days!
Flip555

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:43 am Reply with quote
Big Bad Armadillo wrote:
Honestly I'm just not really feeling anything that's been coming out lately. I think Golem Hearts was promising when it started, it almost had a Nanatsu no Taizai feel to the art style and that was exciting. But that rushed ending, oh boy~

Shonen Jump needs more actual standout series. I think a lot of the problem is not too many people are up to the challenge of a weekly series. Good series are truly a gem to find these days!

I honestly feel like they have alot of stand out series with One Piece, Black Clover, Haikyuu, MHA and others. What they need are series that can grow into more stand outs with time. I feel like Full Drive and Golem Hearts could've been so much more if they have the time to develop.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:19 am Reply with quote
I doubt it will be much on the "dark fantasy" part, this is shounen jump we're talking about after all.
WindNinjaDW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:
I doubt it will be much on the "dark fantasy" part, this is shounen jump we're talking about after all.

You always have seinen...
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:43 pm Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:

Clearly you haven't heard of The Promised Neverland.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
WindNinjaDW wrote:
You always have seinen...
When's the last time you saw a seinen manga in Shounen Jump?

Gemnist wrote:
Clearly you haven't heard of The Promised Neverland.
Oh no, I've heard very good things about it, but I haven't read it personally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1