• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utena/Penguindrum's Kunihiko Ikuhara Reveals Next Anime's Studios, Title, 2019 TV Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this!

Was hinted not too long ago but I enjoy Ikuhara's works. 2019 may be a long wait but I think it may be worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
I am glad we have been informed of this in advance. This being Ikuhara, I have ample time to formulate my excuses for passing on it. ("I have too much in my backlog" is the current frontrunner.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Alright. I look forward to whatever new anime the great Kunihiko Ikuhara comes up with.
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 am Reply with quote
Yes. I'm excited. I am happy we live in a world where Ikuhara can make a new anime every couple of years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 am Reply with quote
Good to see that Ikuhara is working on a new anime though the only thing I can tell from the teaser is that it will most likely be a romance.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
Brand wrote:
Yes. I'm excited. I am happy we live in a world where Ikuhara can make a new anime every couple of years.

Actually, not counting Sailor Moon, in average he has only done an anime every 4.5 years. I wish he could do more.

Utena - 1997
Adolecense of Utena - 1999
Penguindrum - 2011
Yuri Kuma Arashi - 2015
Sarazanmai - 2019
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm hopeful that I'll like this, since I've like most of Ikurara's work, but I really lost interest Yurikuma Arashi as it went on.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
More Ikuhara anime is a great thing. Looking forward to more sexually-charged mind-screw from the man. Twisted Evil
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Wonder what kind of three AM influenza fever dream this one will be
BoldBalance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
This is great news! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I've enjoyed his past directorial work on Revolutionary Girl Utena. Still have to check out Mawaru Penguindrum and Yurikuma Arashi though - at least I have time before his new anime series arrives.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I just hope it's a fresh topic from him, I liked Yuri Kuma but honestly it did have a "been there, done that better by Utena" vibe to it. He can still put lesbians in of course.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Glad to know that Ikuhara is back at it again. I wonder what he's going to come up with this time.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Hope it isn't set in high school. I'm getting rather tired of watching middle aged men share their increasing lack of wisdom on being a teenager.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Hope it isn't set in high school. I'm getting rather tired of watching middle aged men share their increasing lack of wisdom on being a teenager.
The monkey paw curls a finger. The show will now be set in a middle school.
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
I just hope it's a fresh topic from him, I liked Yuri Kuma but honestly it did have a "been there, done that better by Utena" vibe to it.

To me Yuri Kuma felt like someone doing a particularly unsubtle Ikuhara parody. I hope he'll pull himself together for this show...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2