• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games: Apply Nintendo Directly to the Forehead

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely getting that port of Luigi's Mansion. I could always get a copy of the original GameCube version since I still have a working Wii, but ghostbusting on the go sounds like a better fit for me.

Quote:
Why Nintendo's skipping over Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is a bit of a head-scratcher

It's not too surprising. From some accounts I've seen, Partners in Time was not very well-received due to certain mechanics (the babies) and concepts being a bit bland in practice, as well as the story being too linear, so there are almost no sidequests to speak of. It's actually the least liked Mario & Luigi title of the series so far and has remained that way for years.

The World Next Door: Ooooh, I must know about the skullhead in that official artwork there! : D

Kirby Star Allies: I want to buy a Switch now. I've watched some brief demos and seen the new helper recruitment + elemental combo power system in action; everything looks great. Too bad early reviews have been a bit negative, and people are complaining that Kirby needs to try something "new" with his series.

Last edited by belvadeer on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Coincidentally, a port of formerly PS Vita exclusive SaGa Scarlet Grace for Switch was announced on the Japanese Nintendo Direct as well. Hmm!

Oh, do I hope that SaGa Scarlet Grace gets an English release with this news (it was also confirmed for PS4, PC, & Xbox One shortly later, as well). I haven't gotten to Romancing 2 yet on my Switch, but I plan to get to it soon, once I'm finally finished up with Doom.

Quote:
I really, really want an id-chan who screams RIP AND TEAR constantly.

I do wonder if Artisan Studios will be allowed to expand the Neptunia cast into Western studios, because you know that, if so, then we'd be getting some "interesting" personifications of the likes of EA. I don't have a strong interest in Neptunia, though I did buy the crossover with Sega Hard Girls, but depending on how this turns out I might be more curious about it.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I just ordered a copy of Splatoon 2 from Amazon. I decided to get it now since they are adding additional single-player content.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:30 pm Reply with quote
But, what about the REALLY Big News? ........... Minecraft 2!

I suppose it will be a while before Splatoon comes to 3DS.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Okami on the go! Rad! Game's still too long, though.

Still keeps getting unnecessary HD ports more like. Get to porting Viewitful Joe already.

belvadeer wrote:
It's not too surprising. From some accounts I've seen, Partners in Time was not very well-received due to certain mechanics (the babies) and concepts being a bit bland in practice, as well as the story being too linear, so there are almost no sidequests to speak of. It's actually the least liked Mario & Luigi title of the series so far and has remained that way for years.

Pretty much though it's kind of funny for Nintendo to suddenly get skittish about updating old games because of how they're perceived publicly in lieu of them doing the same for Lost Levels.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Game's still too long, though.

No, it's not. Razz
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Sushi Strikers looks to be a pretty interesting match-three puzzle game, but I'm not convinced it ought to be the price that it's at. Then again, it may be much deeper than it looks. It's just as easy to dismiss Puyo Puyo Tetris, after all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1