• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: P.A. Works Reveals Iroduku Sekai no Ashita kara Anime Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dandylion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 am Reply with quote
Good ... First Blackfox and now this !!!

Keep the original projects coming Very Happy
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:33 am Reply with quote
I like P.A Works, but I do not like it when they play dramas one after another. The studio wasted too much creativity on creating only dramas.

[Although many of them have been well elaborated]. Single gender is a problem for me.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:50 am Reply with quote
This looks pretty different than their usual designs.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:47 pm Reply with quote
These are very good character designs.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
I like P.A Works, but I do not like it when they play dramas one after another. The studio wasted too much creativity on creating only dramas.

[Although many of them have been well elaborated]. Single gender is a problem for me.

I'm not a huge fan of P.A. Works but how are they "wasting" anything? They've made a lot of well received series beloved by many. Also I haven't seen anything about this being a drama or single gender yet, but I might have missed some information. Which to each their own, but I don't have a problem with single gender if the characters are least good, so either way I'll keep my eye on this project.
PFdaCIA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:01 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
Ronie Peter wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of P.A. Works but how are they "wasting" anything? They've made a lot of well received series beloved by many. Also I haven't seen anything about this being a drama or single gender yet, but I might have missed some information. Which to each their own, but I don't have a problem with single gender if the characters are least good, so either way I'll keep my eye on this project.

You know when an anime is going in the direction of the genres presented! When it is unbalanced, then you realize that from one arc forward only one genre is running there with greater emphasis. Although this has nothing to do with what I said, so forget that part. I'll explain what I meant in the post that you replied: I say this in a personal sense. I did not say that these works were bad, and a waste of time for those who like the genre, but for me to invest solely in this genre is a waste.

That said, what I meant by that first paragraph above is that, even in works with varied genres, it seems to me that in the end the drama becomes the most constant genre in the works of P.A Works. I watched Angel Beats, which was really the anime that gave the studio a name [at least in my opinion]; the anime has several genres embedded, but it is noticeable that the drama overcame them all.

Only a while ago the studio has tried Slice of Life among other things.

But put it in your head: I never said that anime is bad, or that it makes trash. Or that they do not know how to make a good TV series. I just do not like drama, and so I find it difficult to become an unconditional fan of the studio by working on a theme that I practically avoid. I avoid the theme, not the studio!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:59 am Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
Single gender is a problem for me.

Same here. I like cases where there are at least some important supporting characters that are of the opposite sex ("Sakura Quest" had a lot of episodic male and female characters). Otherwise, I will think of it as a medium for BL/GL-baiting, even though I know that isn't always the case.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 pm Reply with quote
This may sound weird, but I get a visual novel thing impression from the character designs. I think the studio might really will be trying something new.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1