• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Dances with the Dragons Anime to Simuldub Lineup

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I rather wish they announced Steins;gate, Full metal panic, DxD s 4, Tokyo ghoul, I also wonder if they gonna pick up the sequel to Star Blazers...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:17 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
I rather wish they announced Steins;gate, Full metal panic, DxD s 4, Tokyo ghoul, I also wonder if they gonna pick up the sequel to Star Blazers...
Oh yeah that's only 3 weeks away from today, has anyone even licensed it yet, I looked on Wikipedia and no north American licenser was listed.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

They're saying this is their "BIGGEST SEASON YET", so I'm sure they're just saving those announcements for later. I really want them to dub Hisone to Masotan.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Oh yeah that's only 3 weeks away from today, has anyone even licensed it yet, I looked on Wikipedia and no north American licenser was listed.

I'm sure CR/Funi will or already licensed them. Sometimes the original licensors in Japan doesn't allow them to make announcements until after a certain day, generally a day or two before or even on the day of airing.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

They're saying this is their "BIGGEST SEASON YET", so I'm sure they're just saving those announcements for later. I really want them to dub Hisone to Masotan.
Perhaps yea, but if they do end up getting Full Metal panic my two biggest concerns are Hilary Haag and Chris Patton.Hilary never done any FUnimation title (by my knowledge) and Chris Patton said a few years ago he would never work for Funi again (after the ADV/Sentai moeny bs). That said he did do a minor roll in Drifters Handa-kun and Dimension W... And honestly i dont want the mains to be recast....
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
With Tachibanakan Triangle being a short Comic Girls is the only SimulDub I'm hoping for. Though I guess Funi has done some shorts in the past.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Perhaps yea, but if they do end up getting Full Metal panic my two biggest concerns are Hilary Haag and Chris Patton.Hilary never done any FUnimation title (by my knowledge) and Chris Patton said a few years ago he would never work for Funi again (after the ADV/Sentai moeny bs). That said he did do a minor roll in Drifters Handa-kun and Dimension W... And honestly i dont want the mains to be recast....

Also had a minor role recently in Kino's Journey.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1