• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks License Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Take on Me Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh goodie! I was hoping they would, and I hope they release it this year and don't take too long.

Between this and getting the Free! films from Funimation, it's a good time to be a KyoAni fan....except there's no NA release of A Silent Voice yet. Sad

-Marc.
TwtOtaku_My

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:07 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see it was licensed relatively soon. Hopefully they’ll get it in theaters or however they want to release it soon.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Surprising no one lol. I just hope they don't take forever to release it like due to long dubbing process like they did with the TV series
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Surprising no one lol. I just hope they don't take forever to release it like due to long dubbing process like they did with the TV series

It was originally released without a dub, so that wasn’t the reason for the delay. The reason for the delay was due to being a TBS show, and there were lengthy holdbacks on nearly all their shows at that time. Fortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore, as their shows have had much better turn around lately.
Morgan B.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

I have never watched the series, but since Sentai’s releasing it, I give it a total of two years. But hey, better late than never.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Alright. This was expected, but it is good to have confirmation. I would love a nice LE to go along the ones for the 2 tv seasons.

Morgan B. wrote:
I have never watched the series, but since Sentai’s releasing it, I give it a total of two years. But hey, better late than never.

Very funny. Sentai is a shit company. Rolling Eyes
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

It was originally released without a dub, so that wasn’t the reason for the delay. The reason for the delay was due to being a TBS show, and there were lengthy holdbacks on nearly all their shows at that time. Fortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore, as their shows have had much better turn around lately.

The TV show had a long delay to be dubbed, it had a long delay to be released on DVD, it had a long delay to be released on BD and when it finally had been released on BD, you had to buy both seasons.

For anime, that really was "forever". The clip movie? Licensed, dubbed and released in the time to forget it ever existed in the first place.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
The chances of it happening are undeniably slim, but there would a great sense of propriety if the distributors had the means to add A-Ha's magnum opus to the film's soundtrack...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

The TV show had a long delay to be dubbed, it had a long delay to be released on DVD, it had a long delay to be released on BD and when it finally had been released on BD, you had to buy both seasons.

The first release had no dub and was DVD only. The first dubbed collection of season 1 was available in a dual format collectors release, so no, you didn’t need to buy both seasons to get the Bluray. You just had to buy the collectors set before it sold out, which happened fairly quickly. Season two is also available by itself in a collectors set which includes the Bluray.

As for the compelation film, it was released just a few months after Sentai announced it had the license. There is a possibility that it could happen here as well. And since many of their recent movies have also had theatrical runs, there is a possibility it could happen here too. Considering Sunrise is not involved here and TBS has finally let up a bit on their ridiculously long hold backs, I’m going to hope for the best.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
The chances of it happening are undeniably slim, but there would a great sense of propriety if the distributors had the means to add A-Ha's magnum opus to the film's soundtrack...

Take on Me is popular in Japan or at least was. As soon as I saw the title I was hoping someone like ZAQ or Angela would do a cover version for the movie but alas it wasn't to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1