• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action School-Live! Film Reveals 'Last Idol' Group's Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
Woah, they look exactly like the original characters.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I managed to watch the director's previous movie, Chasing World, and while it had a couple minor campy moments it was overall a fun movie. So there's a chance the School-Live movie may at least be fun as well, but I'll be waiting for the trailer either way.
Stevangelion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I guess I’ll be the douche and say I wish they spend the money on the much needed season 2 and then based off of how well that does you do the live action. The anime was genuinely fun and had some interesting and original elements within the genre. Seems like it’s a shame to put resources into an unnecessary Live Action.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Stevangelion wrote:
I guess I’ll be the douche and say I wish they spend the money on the much needed season 2 and then based off of how well that does you do the live action.

When the main purpose of a Manga Time Kirara anime is to increase the sales of the manga, a live action movie feels like the perfect opportunity to bring in new readers who wouldn't normally consider watching an anime show, but would totally be down to watch a movie with some cute girls in it.

Plus, it's going to be a couple of years before the manga has enough material to justify a second season (the spoiler[college] arc is much more decompressed than the high school stuff was, so the pacing of a proper adaptation would end up being significantly different).
Compelled to Reply

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:
Woah, they look exactly like the original characters.

What? They don't look anything like the original characters, which is quite impossible for live-action adaptations of most anime. It's a matter whether the acting, screenplay, costumes, etc. are faithful to the source material, or deviate as something else interesting.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I very much enjoyed season one of the anime! I would watch the movie as well but honestly would like a second season of the anime! The story is interesting and the journey was on going! Clearly there is more to tell to this tail!
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:29 am Reply with quote
Ok but can we know who's playing the shovel?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1