• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Meat Mascot Girls Make Pasta Deliciously Cute

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kosaka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:27 am Reply with quote
There's a song by OSTER project named "Napo Napo Return Match" or "Napo Napoli Turn Match" with vocals by Hatsune Miku, and the video for the song has a version of the Napoli-tan character. I think this a fun, catchy song.

【Hatsune Miku】Napo Napoli Turn Match【Original Song】 (Has English translation):
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31022957

[Sub ITA/Romaji] Hatsune Miku - Napo Napo Return Match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdJVg-RCOBw

OSTER Project - Napo Napo ritān matchi [Hatsune miku] (vostfr):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skbtybP06Oo

Hazuki no Yume uploaded to YouTube a version of the video with English subtitles, but YouTube terminated Hazuki no Yume's channel, stating "This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted." Hazuki no Yume had subtitled a lot of Vocaloid songs, so it might have been only a small subset that resulted in the loss of the channel.
VinceA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
I do love having my favorite sauce have a mascot but seeing ketchup mentioned makes me cringe. Assuming it's a local thing Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:35 am Reply with quote
VinceA wrote:
I do love having my favorite sauce have a mascot but seeing ketchup mentioned makes me cringe. Assuming it's a local thing Smile

It's a Japanese thing. They frequently use ketchup where a western cook would use tomato sauce.

It's not a bad idea per se, even some western cooks do so because ketchup is basically a spicy tomato sauce... But usually very sparingly because there's a vinegar note that many western palates find objectionable. My theory is that since the Japanese eat pickled vegetables much more commonly than we do in the west, they don't find it as objectionable.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:41 pm Reply with quote
There's a few, weird typos in the article. "Friend eggs" instead of "fried eggs" and "born" instead of "brown." Just a heads up.

Those designs are super cute though. didn't care for the video as much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1