• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Uma Musume Pretty Derby Cast, Staff Reveal Details of Anime's World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm Reply with quote
From the article:
Quote:
There is no betting with an Uma Musume race; it's something like watching sports

Which unless this is a another aspect where Japan greatly differs from the US, means there is betting, but simply that there is no official betting.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, nice to get answers to some of our burning questions but the most important one is still a 'secret'. It's a light-hearted show but evading the question and saying there are no Uma boys immediately makes me think evil government genetic experiments or EGGE for short, lol. Still a great show though.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There are no normal horses in the world of the anime

That implies some rather dark things about the history of that world.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:31 pm Reply with quote
That does answer most of the questions I had about the Uma Musume world. It would be nice to actually see Uma Musume in the show that have a goal other than running though I guess that running would be the goal for everyone going to that specific academy.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I gave it a try for a few episodes, but this show just isn't doing it for me. It feels like they're trying to play it safe as much as possible, and it's just not weird enough to scratch my monster girl itch.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Can't confirm it, but according to some random tweet I saw, they also said that there are Uma Musume who are retired (or maybe never got into racing at all) and work perfectly normal human jobs. I wish more of those could show up in the anime, for the sake of world-building.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I was more interested in that quick infodump than the last two episodes. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Since there are no real horses in the world of Uma Musume I’m laughing my ass off at the thought of soldiers riding horse girls into battle. Laughing
Bablioteca

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote
"Horse Girls are like Elves."

That's everything I needed to know.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:53 pm Reply with quote
So there are no horse boys but why does this new series feel the need to have a trainer guy? Why can this not be just about horse girls without him? As cool and fun as Uma Musume is, that very trainer guy is what the anime is holding back from reaching its full potential.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:43 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
So there are no horse boys but why does this new series feel the need to have a trainer guy? Why can this not be just about horse girls without him? As cool and fun as Uma Musume is, that very trainer guy is what the anime is holding back from reaching its full potential.

So after all the whining and moaning and firm declarations you weren't going to be watching this, because eww, a man, your watching it. thanks for the entertainment
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Since there are no real horses in the world of Uma Musume I’m laughing my ass off at the thought of soldiers riding horse girls into battle. Laughing

If this world had most of the same anime as ours, Imagining a certain scene from early in Sengoku Basara almost makes me burst out in laughter, as it was absurd enough with a normal horse.

For those that need a reminder, see the second image on this page:
http://omegascriptorium.com/epicness-sengoku-basara/
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:25 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

So after all the whining and moaning and firm declarations you weren't going to be watching this, because eww, a man, your watching it. thanks for the entertainment

I am not even watching the anime, I am just saying that this anime should be better off without that man. However, thanks for the worthless assumptive reply. Here have this:

http://i.imgur.com/iYBK4kf.png

I really wish we can have more anime like Girls und Panzer, Love Live, and K-On. CGDCT anime that do not need Mr. Self-Insert Guy around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1