• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live-Action Kakegurui Series Streams on Netflix

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Really Netflix, you take 7 months to release the anime but release the live action version in less than 5 months. I do hope Netflix or someone can get the live action Ajin movie.
Code:
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:40 am Reply with quote
This is not being dubbed, so that must make it quicker to release. Though I'm surprised that it is not being dubbed, wasn't there some rule that every Netflix exclusive, regardless of id they were or not, had to be dubbed in every language?
configspace

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The 10-episode show premiered in Japan on MBS on January 14, and on TBS on January 16. Tsutomu Hanabusa (Heroine Shikkaku, Asahinagu) directed the series.

The usual Jdrama groups have worked on it since it aired on JP TV and i have to say, Tsutomu's decision to adapt the anime/manga style 1:1 just doesn't work. OMG the entire live action show is just terribly, horribly, cheesy. Or maybe it does work in super derpy campy twist.

UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 am Reply with quote
It's also available in the Philippines. Also, show is pretty fun, especially if you are a fan of the actors. Can't stop doing Kamen Rider and Super Sentai jokes while watching the drama.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
This is not being dubbed, so that must make it quicker to release. Though I'm surprised that it is not being dubbed, wasn't there some rule that every Netflix exclusive, regardless of id they were or not, had to be dubbed in every language?

Netflix is iffy on dubbing Japanese live action. Some shows/movies do get dubbed, others don't.
Compelled to Reply

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
The usual Jdrama groups have worked on it since it aired on JP TV and i have to say, Tsutomu's decision to adapt the anime/manga style 1:1 just doesn't work. OMG the entire live action show is just terribly, horribly, cheesy. Or maybe it does work in super derpy campy twist.

IDK, I though it was pretty good, as far as live-action adaptations go. In this case, all the funny faces were supposed to be cheesy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1