• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjō TV Anime Adds 3 Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 am Reply with quote
Is this another reverse harem?
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:54 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Is this another reverse harem?

Not sure since I haven’t read the source material, but the difference is that this is adapted from a light novel and not an otome game and from the ones I’ve read, main characters in female oriented light novels have way more personality that their otome anime counterparts.

I say otome anime because the girls in their games usually have some kind of personality or can even be great protagonists who develop over time like Cardia from Code:Realize or Kanu from Juuza Engi. I don’t know why they turn the heroines into almost blank slates in their anime.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:59 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
It's the same case with an ordinary harem, all for the sake so that the audience can self insert themselves as that flawless, ultra nice protagonist. Don't really know how those people do it though, I can't possibly identify myself as another person in some random media.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:02 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
It's the same case with an ordinary harem, all for the sake so that the audience can self insert themselves as that flawless, ultra nice protagonist. Don't really know how those people do it though, I can't possibly identify myself as another person in some random media.

In my case, I just want the heroines to TALK and actually shout or disagree with people or I dunno, not just be a doll. This is why I loved DamexPrince. Shame it didn’t get much love. The plot wasn’t its strong point but the characters and the parody made up for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1