• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Reveals English Dub Cast for Accel World: Infinite Burst Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:53 pm Reply with quote
As much as I like Accel World, I just am not hyped up for what is essentially a 30 minute movie with a super long recap of the tv series right before it.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:05 am Reply with quote
took them long enough
Mertal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
As much as I like Accel World, I just am not hyped up for what is essentially a 30 minute movie with a super long recap of the tv series right before it.

Not to mention there is a huge time-gap between the re-capped TV series and the new movie content. It had me scratching me head on who the new characters were several times. Would really like to know who the Miko was and how she joined.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote
Glad to see the original dub cast back.

What I would really like to see now is a continuation of the TV series.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Mertal wrote:
Not to mention there is a huge time-gap between the re-capped TV series and the new movie content. It had me scratching me head on who the new characters were several times. Would really like to know who the Miko was and how she joined.

Yeah, there were some pretty massive spoilers in there for content way, way past the original anime series. That made it even more baffling that they bothered to recap only the previous anime when you needed quite a bit more information past that.

As for the miko girl with as minimal spoilers as possible, spoiler[she is one of the original members of Neganebulos (sp?). Her avatar got stuck in an infinite kill spot right outside the imperial palace after a failed raid on the place (meaning she force logged out because after the revive timer expires and she revives the enemy will immediately kill her again). Kyh creates a plan to save her because her incarnate ability allows her to purify curses.]

The miko is introduced a couple of books after where the anime stopped. However, the movie also included information about some major plot spoilers from quite a bit later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1