• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Uma Musume Producer Wants to Make New Series

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:35 pm Reply with quote
""If it gets popular"

Ahahahaa. So see ya next year then...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm Reply with quote
As long as they put in exclusive codes for Granblue Fantasy they can make whatever they want and have the funding needed for it.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Well according to some stuff that i read uma musume gonna be the best seller from spring season thanks to the bonus stuff that it will include, its gonna have the same bonus as granblue has and we all see how thoose are going lol.
So yeah chances for a sequel are pretty good i would say. And tbh the show was more enjoyable then one would expect.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
He said that horse racing goes on every year, and he would like to make main characters for all the horses.

This could portend the creation of a Musume Cinematic Universe, methinks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fastu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:10 pm Reply with quote
my life needs more El Condor Pasa
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
As long as they put in exclusive codes for Granblue Fantasy they can make whatever they want and have the funding needed for it.

BlackPoint. wrote:
Well according to some stuff that i read uma musume gonna be the best seller from spring season thanks to the bonus stuff that it will include, its gonna have the same bonus as granblue has and we all see how thoose are going lol.
So yeah chances for a sequel are pretty good i would say. And tbh the show was more enjoyable then one would expect.

Do you not think that it is a little unfair that Uma Musume is selling because of another franchise and not because of its own quality and merit, unlike all other anime this season? It was not selling well early on until Cygames inserted Granblue Fantasy's special game codes as bonus into the BD/DVDs. Uma Musume may be a good anime but I do not think it deserves the best seller spot. That producer should have given a shout-out to GBF for Uma's "popularity".
teferi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:38 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
If this is going to be another cute girls + male self-insert anime, then no thank you.

Megiddo wrote:

BlackPoint. wrote:

Do you not think that it is a little unfair that Uma Musume is selling because of another franchise and not because of its own quality and merit? It was not selling well early on until Cygames inserted Granblue Fantasy's special game codes as bonus into the BD/DVDs. Uma Musume may be a good anime but I think it does not deserve the best seller spot. That producer should have given a shout-out to GBF for its "popularity".

Meh. Idol anime with concert tickets are the same concept. If it's what a show needs to sell good on them for figuring it out.
1idd0kun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:
If this is going to be another cute girls + male self-insert anime, then no thank you.

Megiddo wrote:

BlackPoint. wrote:

Do you not think that it is a little unfair that Uma Musume is selling because of another franchise and not because of its own quality and merit? It was not selling well early on until Cygames inserted Granblue Fantasy's special game codes as bonus into the BD/DVDs. Uma Musume may be a good anime but I think it does not deserve the best seller spot. That producer should have given a shout-out to GBF for its "popularity".

Meh. Idol anime with concert tickets are the same concept. If it's what a show needs to sell good on them for figuring it out.

Concert tickets to go see the same idols featured in the anime. There's nothing wrong with that. The issue with Uma Musume is that Cygames included Grand Blue Fantasy codes in Uma Musume BDs. Grand Blue Fantasy is a totally different franchise. It's pretty dirty to add those codes in Uma Musume boxes.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 pm Reply with quote
teferi wrote:

Read the text again: Uma Musume is selling because of another franchise. If Uma Musume was selling because of concert tickets, game codes, or other stuff that were designed for it, then it being a top seller would have been fairer. It is not selling as a series itself, rather it is selling with help of a popular mobage series that is completely unrelated to it. BanG Dream's first anime did not have successful sales but at least it sold on its own and its very own game later went on to bring the whole series to stardom.

1idd0kun wrote:
Concert tickets to go see the same idols featured in the anime. There's nothing wrong with that. The issue with Uma Musume is that Cygames included Grand Blue Fantasy codes in Uma Musume BDs. Grand Blue Fantasy is a totally different franchise.

Exactly this.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind a sequel with the new uma musume that appeared at the end or Urara as protagonist, Spe-chan was trying to be the best from her country, next one should participate in races abroad and aim for the world title.
teferi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
teferi wrote:

Read the text again: Uma Musume is selling because of another franchise. If Uma Musume was selling because of concert tickets, game codes, or other stuff that were designed for it, then it being a top seller would have been fairer. It is not selling as a series itself, rather it is selling with help of a popular mobage series that is completely unrelated to it. BanG Dream's first anime did not have successful sales but at least it sold on its own and its very own game later went on to bring the whole series to stardom.

1idd0kun wrote:
Concert tickets to go see the same idols featured in the anime. There's nothing wrong with that. The issue with Uma Musume is that Cygames included Grand Blue Fantasy codes in Uma Musume BDs. Grand Blue Fantasy is a totally different franchise.

Exactly this.

And? In the end it's the same type of manipulation. If a show doesn't sell as many discs without extras it means the discs aren't selling as well because of the show itself.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:44 am Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
And? In the end it's the same type of manipulation. If a show doesn't sell as many discs without extras it means the discs aren't selling as well because of the show itself.

So what is your point? It is a common marketing practice to put extra goodies in the physical copies to make more profit, regardless of the featured media's quality. Uma Musume is a questionable case because it is a very young series but it is capitalizing the popularity of an established and unrelated series to quickly rise to the top of the sales rankings. The fact that it is using that other series' game codes instead of the ones for its own upcoming game indicates that this was going to be a failure. Uma Musume was not selling well because of the show itself before Granblue Fantasy came to the rescue. And let us not get started with the two series being under the same gaming company. The anime's producer even got the nerve to say that they want to do a second season without giving credits to GBF. It is the same type of manipulation but this manipulation is not something to be proud of. So those other popular shows this season are selling because of their quality and the extra materials meant for the shows themselves whereas Uma Musume is the best-selling show primarily because another series is doing its dirty work?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:14 am Reply with quote
I mean, if Cygames and the rest of the production committee wants to exploit people who will buy something completely unrelated to GBF just for the code that gives their GBF waifu a new outfit or whatever then I say more power to them. Sales have never been about quality after all. It has always been about exploiting the otaku (male and female) market.
Djidji

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:34 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Do you not think that it is a little unfair that Uma Musume is selling because of another franchise and not because of its own quality and merit, unlike all other anime this season? It was not selling well early on until Cygames inserted Granblue Fantasy's special game codes as bonus into the BD/DVDs. Uma Musume may be a good anime but I do not think it deserves the best seller spot. That producer should have given a shout-out to GBF for Uma's "popularity".

He might as well mean the popularity of the game, and not how many DVD/BD they will sell.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

BlackPoint. wrote:

Indeed its quite unfair even what granblue is still doing now is kinda going beyond good taste in my opinion even though yeh granblue was pretty good in my eyes since there arent many decent fantasy anime out there to watch. But you can say cygames found the golden carrot lol on how to make profit and until this model works for them you can expect more of the same thing in future atleast from a bussines standpoint this is a full out success, so milk it out as long as you can.
As for best seller for the season that it surely doesnt deserve but well rarely the best shows of the season also have the biggest sales thats kinda the sad truth...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2