• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: So I'm a Spider, So What? Anime Adaptation Confirmed at Anime Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm Reply with quote
no surprise there
Furuzaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeaaaaaaaaah Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
*cough*
Guess I could force myself to watch it.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Is it some unwritten crime to have an anime season without any bad LN adaptations?
HueyLion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
they pretty much re confirming it again .-.
Flü

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Is it some unwritten crime to have an anime season without any bad LN adaptations?

It's a pretty damn good LN, so I guess the accused would be guilty in this case.
...though I'm sure that there be some other truly bad LN-adaptation instead.

In any case, good news. The source material is amazing, so I'm hoping for a great adaptation!
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:25 am Reply with quote
Flü wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

It's a pretty damn good LN, so I guess the accused would be guilty in this case.
...though I'm sure that there be some other truly bad LN-adaptation instead.

In any case, good news. The source material is amazing, so I'm hoping for a great adaptation!

Eh, I heard this quickly spiraled into your typical isekai in the later volumes, went from interesting weak protag , to over powered mary sue.

Also even if the source is good, this adaptions rarely are good.
Flü

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:32 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Eh, I heard this quickly spiraled into your typical isekai in the later volumes, went from interesting weak protag , to over powered mary sue.

Yes, she does become more powerful in a scenario that has gaming-like power growth as one of its core concepts, you got that right.
Important is the way to that point and how long it takes. She still always needs to actively be smart in developing her abilities and actually using them. AND she has an interesting personality.

Quote:

The same is true for every other adaptation for every genre ever. You still got great isekai adaptations like Konosuba and Grimgar (and Re:Zero I guess, though I hate that one).
The ones that suck usually had lame source material already (smartphone, GATE, Knight's&Magic...).

In any case it's silly to dismiss a series at announcement just because it's "Isekai". Saturated as it it, that scenario/genre allows for tons of different premises and character combinations, much more than the similarly oversaturated "Magic Highschool". The main problem of most Isekai-series are the boring "nice, super-talented nerd bro with a harem"-protagonists... that you won't find here.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

She does get far stronger, but she definitely earn that power, it's not a case of her showing up and being OP right away or quickly unlocking some crazy power.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1