• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'So I'm a Spider, So What?' Anime's Videos Reveal Lead Voice Actress Aoi Yūki

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote
Hm, CG goes from "horrendously bad" to "well, acceptable" - but seems like it's not all CGI, and most of 2D look clean. Really strange dissonance and I can't even identify who can do things like that.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:43 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty good I’m going to guess a January release date
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 am Reply with quote
The 2d animation portion is fine but the CGI animation looks like something of a low budget kids show. i hope they improve it, as it is a bit off putting.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:24 am Reply with quote
Man.... I hated that CGI, like i hate almost all of them, but i really want to see what happens past the manga....... i'm troubled now....... ;/
Nodz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
The 2d animation portion is fine but the CGI animation looks like something of a low budget kids show. i hope they improve it, as it is a bit off putting.

I was only bothered by the ugly CG dragon, the rest was fine.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:35 am Reply with quote
Crap crap,crap,crap,crap,crap!

They're actually going to adapt the super vanilla human part that sounds exactly like every terrible isekai/harem boring lead.

The premise is all about the main character being a spider, it's in the freaking title! People who want generic isekai stuff aren't going to watch this, you don't have to cater to them. Do like the manga and drop that part.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:00 am Reply with quote
So expect this character to be played by Monica Rial when this gets dubbed. Razz
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
Well, the 2D animation looks fine, but can we please not have the ugly CG dragon? Thanks.

Though I guess it's not as bad as it could be. When I first looked at one of the trailers, the first thing I saw was the CG, so I was worried that would be the whole thing, but I guess not. Still, I wish more shows could be like Made in Abyss. The monster in that weren't CG, and they looked great.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:13 am Reply with quote
I knew Aoi yuki was gonna voice this one.

Nodz wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

I was only bothered by the ugly CG dragon, the rest was fine.

The rest was indeed...acceptable but that dragon was truly horrendous. Laughing

Last edited by ultimatehaki on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Matthew Scudder Smithers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Crap crap,crap,crap,crap,crap!

They're actually going to adapt the super vanilla human part that sounds exactly like every terrible isekai/harem boring lead.

The premise is all about the main character being a spider, it's in the freaking title! People who want generic isekai stuff aren't going to watch this, you don't have to cater to them. Do like the manga and drop that part.

im reading the vol 1 of the LN atm and i agree i dont care about the others either
Sulfy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to Aoi Yuki's voice acting again, and Key's reviews on the LNs have me plenty intrigued about the show itself. I do hope the show differentiates itself from all the other isekai titles, based on what a couple of commentators have already said.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote
That is so not the cute Kumo-chan the fans love.

I had high expectations for this, and we get a wonky, awkward-looking spider, not the spider we know and love.

Give me my cute spider Anime cry.
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:46 am Reply with quote
The thumbnail for the article makes 'I' look like a pokemon.
Calico

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:51 am Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:

I had high expectations for this, and we get a wonky, awkward-looking spider, not the spider we know and love.

I know... I was hoping that they'd go with the manga's cuter, more spidery design, but it looks like they're sticking with the light novel's awkward human eyes on a spider design.

Plus it looks like the awful generic b-plot that I was warning everyone about is still going to be a big part of the story. Argh.... I hope that it's only in one or two episodes.

(Well, at least the CGI generally looks good. Except for that awful dragon.)
Matthew Scudder Smithers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:

I know... I was hoping that they'd go with the manga's cuter, more spidery design, but it looks like they're sticking with the light novel's awkward human eyes on a spider design.

Plus it looks like the awful generic b-plot that I was warning everyone about is still going to be a big part of the story. Argh.... I hope that it's only in one or two episodes.

(Well, at least the CGI generally looks good. Except for that awful dragon.)

the part with Human characters then yes they be part of the story it seems in the LN ist cuts between the two MC and the others
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4